28

Francisco's POV

After leaving Elizabeth's house, I go hang out with Quade.

"Are you going to Unique's party tonight?" Quade asks me as we sit down together behind a staircase. We're currently hiding from an old man that saw us run over his mailbox.

"No," I shake my head, "I'm staying home with Elizabeth."

"What's going on with you guys?" He asks.

"Why, what did you hear?" I arch my right eyebrow.

"What do you know?" He glares.

"Elizabeth is pregnant," I say, playing with the grass beneath my black vans.

"I know, Tiffany told me," he nods.

"What the fuck?" I try to control my anger. Not so much anger but shock. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Not my fetus to tell," he teases.

"Alright," I laugh.

"Are you scared?" He asks after a minute of silence.

"Of course I'm scared. I'm seventeen," I look at him. "I don't regret it. What's done is done but I wish someone would tell me what to do."

"I don't know what to tell you other than, don't leave her and be there as much as you can," he leans back onto his elbows and I turn around to look at him.

"I'm not going to leave her. I couldn't," I shake my head, "I love her, Quade. She means a lot to me."

"Wow," he gasps.

I think deep down inside I am terribly afraid and maybe I am sorry that we weren't careful but all I can do now is be there for Elizabeth and this new life in our hands.

I need to get a job.

Elizabeth's POV

I spend the rest of my day in bed and staring at my ceiling fan. After what feels like hours of overthinking, I finally get up from my bed and head downstairs to eat.

I fill my bowl with lucky charms and milk. I sit down alone at the dinner table and eat very slowly for about thirty minutes.

I can't stop thinking about being pregnant. I can't. Even though I've told Francisco, it doesn't feel real. There's absolutely no way I'm prepared in any way, shape or form to be a mother.

I wash my bowl and spoon then go into the living room and turn on the television. I click through the channels but remember I have Hulu, so I end up watching Rick and Morty.

"Elizabeth?" I hear Richard say my name, "is that really you or am I hallucinating?"

"Very funny," I look over at him.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks as he sits down on the opposite couch.

"Yes, thank you," I let him know, as I continue to watch the TV.

I get a message from Francisco, letting me know that he's coming by later and he's bringing wings. I take a nap on the couch and when I wake up, there's a thin gray blanket on me.

I fold it and leave it on the couch. As I'm walking away to my room, I notice there's a note on the coffee table.

"Richard and I went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff, will be back in a few."

There's a bowl of strawberries and mango. I grab the bowl and take it with me to my bedroom. I eat two strawberries and a piece of mango on the way to my room, then I place it down on my dresser.