12

Elizabeth's POV

"Alright, well . . ." Pace looks down at his phone in confusion before looking back up at the house, "this isn't Martin's house."

"Maybe a family member's house?" I ask as we step out of the car.

"He doesn't have family members out here," Pace responds as we approach the house. Francisco walks up the steps and knocks on the door before looking back at us.

The door opens and a girl is visible. She looks at us as we're mysterious creatures then her eyes soften before she smiles and asks us what we're doing here.

"Is Martin here?" Francisco asks.

"Yes, why?" She looks back before Martin appears and his cheeks become red.

"Oh look what we got here," Pace walks in front of me and nods over to Martin.

"What's up?" He says in a low voice.

"I was wondering the same thing," Pace smirks, "what is up?"

"Okay, you got me . . ." Martin sighs as he wraps his arm around the girl's waist.

"Your friends didn't know about us?" She removes herself as she looks back at him.

"I told you that I wanted to be sure about us," he stares down at her and her eyes soften for a quick second before they darken again and she stands up on her tippy toes and kisses his cheek before walking back into the house.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend," Martin smiles and nods, "her name is Xena."

"She's pretty," I tell him.

"Thank you!" She shouts from inside.

"And amazing at eavesdropping," Francisco laughs.

"That too!" She shouts again with a giggle.

"So, how's it going with her?" Pace asks.

"Pretty good," he nods before stepping out and closing the door, "she's different."

"Oh yeah?" I interfere, "how so?"

"Never been with someone like her," He looks away from us.

"Is different good?" Francisco asks.

"Of course, different is always good," Martin looks back at us, "she's a handful but I have two hands."

"That's right, motherfucker," Pace pats his shoulder.

"Alright, well we were just curious why you were over here," Francisco shrugs.

"You guys are so fucking annoying," Martin laughs before going back inside and closing the door.

It's quiet while we walk back to the car. Francisco starts the car before Pace sighs and says, "'they're probably fucking."

Martin's POV:

I close the door and turn around to see Xena sitting on the couch with her legs crossed and her arms folded in front of her chest.

"So, really, why didn't you tell your friends about us?" She asks as she arches her eyebrow.

"I just told you, it was because I wanted to be sure about our relationship," I glare at her.

"I don't believe that," She rolls her eyes at me.

"Fine, you don't have to believe me," I shrug, "but that's not gonna change the fact that it's the truth."

"I don't wanna argue," she shakes her head as she stands up from the couch.

"We're not arguing we just had a misunderstanding," I shake my head with a small smile.