31

Friday, June 7

Elizabeth's POV

"Well it seems like everything is great," the doctor says as she sits across from me.

"That's good," Francisco smiles.

"Thank you," I tell her.

"Your next appointment is on June 15th, at 12am," she says, as she types something in on her clipboard.

"Oh actually," I say, "can we change it to June 20th?"

"Sure," she says.

"Why so late?" Francisco asks.

"I'm leaving to The Bronx on Monday and I'm back on the 18th," I tell him as we walk out of the doctor's office.

"What the hell?" He frowns. "When were you going to tell me?"

"I'm sorry," I say.

"That's such bullshit," he mumbles.

I don't know why I didn't want to tell him that I was leaving to visit my family but I should've. Now he's mad at me and I feel bad.

I feel my bottom lip cover my upper lip and my eyes fill up with tears. Unexpectedly, I let out a childish cry and startle him as we walk to his car.

"Elizabeth," he warns.

I whine as I stop in place and slump my shoulder, while dropping my head and shutting my eyes tightly.

"Elizabeth," he repeats, "stop it. People are staring."

"You yelled at me," I complain as I point at him. He grabs my hand and drags me insdie the car, carefully.

"I'm sorry baby," he whispers as he squats down, outside of the car. "I'm still mad at you, though."

"I was scared to tell you," I frown.

"As you should," he says as he stands back up and shuts my door. He walks around the car and sits down in the driver's seat. He starts the car and connects his cellphone to the bluetooth. Adorn by Miguel starts blasting in the car, making me relax. I lay the car seat back and close my eyes as he drives.

"These lips, can't wait to taste your skin, baby!" He sings along, terribly but it makes me giggle.

"And these eyes, can't wait to see your grin, ooh ooh baby!" He shouts, as he puts his hand on my thigh.

I open my eyes and look over at him. His eyes are focused on the road and he's smiling as he continues to sing out of tune, but I don't call him out on it, I know he's joking and he's enjoying himself.

When we get to my house, we get out of the car and walk to the front door. He holds my hand as I open the door. My mom is sitting on the ground, with a small box in front of her. I haven't really seen her around the house since she yelled at us the night she found that I'm pregnant.

"Dammit," she says as she looks up at us.

"Hi," I say to her then look up at Francisco. I hope my mom doesn't tell him to leave again.

"Eli," she says as she stands up, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you and Francisco."

"It's okay," Francisco tells her.

"It's not," she shakes her head, "I was extremely out of line and I hope you can both forgive me."

"Don't worry about it," I tell her.

"How was your doctor's oppointment?" She asks.

"How did you know I went?" I ask I sit down on the couch.