9

Peyton took a nap when Bella walked into looking scared

Peyton took a nap when Bella walked into looking scared. "Peyton." Peyton groaned and looked at her best friend. "James has mom." Peyton sat up straight.

"Let's go." Peyton tells her making Bella nod. The two ran downstairs together and saw Alice and Jasper. Peyton grabbed Bella's hand and walked straight out of the hotel without being seen. "Flag a taxi." Bella nodded as Peyton stood off to the side and callEdward.

"Hello."

"Edward?"

"Peyton, what's wrong?" Edward asked worriedly.

"I love you so much, but I need to protect Bella." She tells him as she started crying. "I'm so sorry."

"Peyton, please don't go." Edward begged. "Peyton?" Peyton hung her phone up crying. "Brandon, I will kill you if Peyton is harmed."

"That's not my fault."

"No, but it's Bella's fault." Edward tells him as he tries to call his mate back.
~~~
Peyton was fighting James with her new found strength. Bella was laying on the floor crying in pain. Edward and Brandon arrived to see Bella. "Peyton?" Peyton threw a ball of fire at James making Brandon duck as Edward went to help his mate. "Leave her alone."

James turned and started fighting Edward. Brandon joined in as Carlisle and the others arrived. Peyton threw James against the wall making Brandon grab his throat. "This isn't who we are." Carlisle tells Brandon.

"Go to Bella." Peyton tells him. "We got this." Peyton said looking at Edward, who looked proud that he's mate was fighting and using her gift. Brandon nodded and vamped off.

"Ready, love?"

"You did not just ask me that." Peyton said as she and Edward continued to fight. Alice, Jasper, and Emmett started helping. Peyton looked at Alice. "Help me get a pile going." Alice nodded and helped her build a pile. Peyton used her gift and started a fire surprising them. She used her new found speed and went over to Edward.
~~~
After Bella was venom free and in the hospital, Peyton and Edward were on their way back. "Don't ever call me and make it sound like you were saying goodbye."

"I'm sorry, Edward." She tells him. Edward pulled off the road and up the road to the scenic route. "Where are we going?"

"I almost lost you so right now, I want it to be the two of us." Edward tells her. Once he reached the top, he parked the car and kissed her. Peyton was shock and slowly kissed him back. She was confused by this, but didn't care as she thought that tonight would have been her last. "I love you so much." He tells her.

Peyton smiled as they laid back as things became heated between them.
~~~
The next night, Peyton was dressed and ready to go to prom. Bella was still getting dressed as Peyton made a grand entrance. Edward looked up shock at the beauty walking downstairs. "You look beautiful,my love."

"Thank you." She tells him. "You look rather dashing." Edward smiled as the two walked out. "Ready for tonight."

"As long as your there." He replies. Peyton smiled as they got into his car and drove off to prom.

"Your my always and forever."

"Always and forever."