21

Peyton knew the battle was coming

Peyton knew the battle was coming. She was nervous as there could be lives lost. She felt Edward kiss her shoulder and looked at him. "Stop worrying." He tells her. "We're going hunting since Brandon is going to propose to Bella."

"Okay." Peyton looked at Edward. "He really does love her."

"Yes he does." He tells her. "I can tell that Bella loves him, too, but has..."

"That one is on him." She tells him as they walked out of the house and towards the trees. "I know who she will choose because she knows where her heart lies. Brandon may have doubts, but he chose to leave, she fell into depression, and Charlie said that Jacob helped her heal. I do know she will have this fear of him leaving again."

Edward stopped as he watched Peyton leave. He looked at Brandon and sighed as she was right. Brandon messed up and he will forever try to make things right for Bella.
~~~
After planning who will fight and who will stay with Bella, Peyton had her things ready for the camping trip. She listened to Charlie and Bella talk about this trip making her walk downstairs. "She'll be with me Charlie and I...um..got engaged to Edward."

"What?"

"Yeah." She sheepishly said. "I was going to tell you, but things have been going crazy with graduation and then learning more..."

"Peyton, you're fine. I just want you to be happy."

Peyton walked over and hugged him. "I am happy and thank you." She tells him.

They heard a horn making Charlie nod. Peyton hugged Charlie and walked out. "Peyton." She looked at Bella as they walked towards the Jeep. "How can you be so calm about announcing your engagement and I can't?"

"Is it because you know how Charlie feels about Brandon." Peyton said as she tossed her bag in the bag with Bella doing the same. She looked at Bella and sighed. "Are you ashamed of being engaged or are you afraid to hurt Jacob?"

"I love Jacob, but my heart will always want Brandon." Bella said. "There's just this feeling he may leave again."

"What he did was dumb, but he regrets every minute of it." Peyton stopped at the passenger side door as Bella got to the back door. "Bella, are you sure your making the right choice?" She asked. "You have two men who want your love and one is the one you will be with for the rest of your life. You have to choose wisely. Follow your heart."

Bella nodded as she got in. She looked at her engagement ring and knew. Brandon is her life, but she has to tell Jacob how she feels and tell him that it's Brandon she wants. The truth hurts.