24

Peyton stood with a weird look as Bella stepped beside her

Peyton stood with a weird look as Bella stepped beside her. "What's wrong?" She asked her blonde friend as she cocked her head to the side. "Peyton?"

"I thought this was our weddings." She said. "Alice didn't have to do this for me or for you."

"It's Alice." Bella says. "Its hard to get her to listen."

Peyton sighed as she was not wanting to big of a wedding. "Is there a Peyton James here?" They heard a voice and turned to see a delivery man.

Peyton raised her hand as the package was handed to her before he walked away. She looked at the box and dropped it with a scream. Edward appeared beside her and saw the box. "Seems like he knows." He said as he saw the address. "What's in it?"

Alice took the box before Edward could open. "Don't. You. Touch. This. Box." She said as she looked at Peyton. "Peyton, I know we have your dress, but I think you should look at this one."

Peyton took the box and walked away as they all wondered why Caius sent her a gift.
~~~
Peyton opened the box and gasped. "Oh my god." She said. "It's beautiful."

Bella walked in and look at her. "Put it on." Bella said as Peyton ran to the bathroom and tried the dress on. She walked back out and looked at Bella.

"Will you help me?"

"Sure."

Alice walked in with Rosalie and Esme so they can see her dress. When Peyton was done she walked out making them gasp. "I am not a princess."

"Actually..."

"Can we not talk about that?" She said. "What do you think?"

"Perfect." Esme said.

Peyton walked to the door and looked behind the curtain to see Edward talking to Carlisle confused about Caius. She walked over to the box and saw a letter. Picking it up, Peyton started to read it.

Peyton,
I am truly sorry that I never knew about you till recent. Your mother was petrified of me and left. I never knew she was pregnant, but I knew she died at child birth so I thought the child wasn't mine. Now we know that vampires can procreate, I will not allow harm to come to you, Edward, and your family. When the time comes, I will meet you, but till then, I hope you wear this dress and tiara for your big day.
Caius

"Peyton?"

"I can't be mad at him." She said as she looked at the dress and tiara. "Mom was scared of him and ran. She never brought up that she was pregnant."

"Your aunt will be at the wedding." She said. "Why don't we..."

"She said mom wasn't like all women. She was wild." She said as she sighed. "When she met him, I'm guessing she seduced him, slept with him, and he tried to feed from her making her run. Then here I am."

"Which we are proud of." Esme said. "So what is your decision."

Peyton smiled at the gifts. "Who am I to pass something so beautiful up?" She said. "I'll wear them."

They all smiled, but none knew they were being watched by Caius himself. He smiled as his daughter accepted his gift. Now she may have a wedding that a father would want his daughter to have, even if they don't know one another yet. He wanted Peyton to have the best day of her life.

 He wanted Peyton to have the best day of her life