16. First Party

Thanks for 2k reads <33

Nerissa Ezra Palmer -

I eyed Robert, as he talked to his girlfriend and her friends. I thought about how cute he is and how he is way outta that girl lead.

I immediately felt bad for thinking that, not wanting to put down a girl because I think a boy is cute.

"Nerissa you wanna go to the game room?" Brooklyn snapped me out my thoughts, and I slowly looked at her.

"Umm, sure." I responded and she stood up while signaling for me to follow her.

"Wassup baby girl?" A decent looking darkskin boy with blonde hair, stopped me, making Brooklyn quickly stop.

"Umm hey" I responded and he chuckled.

"Can I have your number?" He asked and I looked at Brooklyn for a answer, making her shrug.

"You haven't even told me your name." I smirked and a silly smile came onto his face.

"I'm Jovie" he introduced himself

"I'm Nerissa"

"So...." he held his phone out for me to take.

"Yeah you can have it" I took the phone out his hand and typed in my number, I made my contact name Nerissa

When he walked away, a big smile laid on my face. Brooklyn pulled me into the game room. It wasn't what I expected, there was one stripper, and a couple boys, Sylas and Trenten begin some.

Matthew Waylon Marve -

I gave side eye to Teagan and Robert, as they hugged up on each other.

Let me cut the shit and say, yes, I like Teagan.

And yes, I think I deserve her way more than that Robert nigga.

He's literally only known her for a month and at that, he does not know how to be a good boyfriend.

He gets salty to easily, and he should know girls don't like that.... he better be lucky Teagan got patience, and can be the bigger person, because that's the only reason they'll last.

He whispered sweet nothings in her ear while looking at me with a smirk. I quickly looked away and slouched down on the couch.

It's going to be living hell watching him get what I want and deserve.

"What's wrong with you Matthew?" Katlyn asked and I shrugged.

"Oh nothing I'm just getting bored" I said sipping lemonade out my red cup.

"We could leave" she suggested and I looked over at her.

"Yeah" I got up and she followed

"Y'all wanna come?" She asked Arianna, Teagan, and Robert.

"Where?" Robert questioned, and Katlyn shrugged.

"Just, leave the party, go for a walk."

"Do you think it's the smartest idea to walk in the dark?" Ari asked and I rolled my eyes.

"It's whatever, you don't have to come" I impatiently said, and their eyebrows furrowed because I'm not usually the one to act this way.

"Yeah, i'll stay" Ari mugged while Teagan got up from Robert lap.

"I'll come with y'all, this party getting kinda boring" she said, and I smiled, until she started hitting Robert leg.

"Get up" she told him, and he mumbled something to her, making her mumble something back. He then got up, and Ari sat on the couch mad.

"Y'all just gone leave me?" She asked, and we looked at her, not knowing what to say.

"Ain't your boyfriend here" Katlyn mentioned, making Ariana smile.

"True, true y'all can go" she waved us off, and we walked away.

We walked in pure silence, going out the house and walking into the street that were only lit by street lights.

"Baby stop it" Teagan giggled as he kissed all up on her neck.

"You sure yo momma would want y'all to be doing all that?" I spoke up, and they both looked at me with straight faces, like what I said struck a nerve.

"Matthew" Katlyn snapped

"I'm just saying.... does your mom even know him." I could tell I was making Robert mad, which I felt guilty but good about at the same time.

I can get under his skin easily but I don't know if that'll make Teagan like me.

"Yes, her mom does know me" he said and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Her mom loves me" he added and I was a little taken back by that.

When I met her mom, she said I must be gay if I didn't want to sleep with or date Teagan.

"Her mom is finna met my mom tomorrow."

"...."

"Exactly just left you speechless, so stop speaking on what me and MY girl got going on, you bitch." He said, and I was confused on why Teagan ain't stick up for me.

"You just gone let him speak to me like that?" I questioned and she didn't speak.

"Yeah she gone let me speak to you like that, because you are a bitch, and you deserve it for not minding your business." He told me, and Teagan did not tell him to chill or nothing, making me disappointed.

"Damn Tee, you just gone stand there and watch him call me out my name. I thought you was my down chick, my best friend, you told me you loved me and...."

"Sorry Matthew, it's just, you came for us first, and he's right about everything but the, you being a bitch part. I apologize for that." She finally spoke up in a low voice, and I could feel my heart slowly crush.

"Alright if that's how you feel. You just gone pick a childish little boy over me, that's cool. I just thought you was different and all." I truthfully spoke, and she pouted before I walked away and Katlyn followed.

"Matthew please don't do this" Tee said through tears and I didn't look back.

I'm leaving her and her toxic ways along.