5. All We Can Do

"Stupid bitch hair" I cussed at the fact I couldn't get my thick ass hair to stay down, it's just a big hump in the back of my
head, and it look stupid.

"Say, do it matter all that much?" Asked Trenten, who I was on a facetime call with, I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Yes this irritating" I whined, and he pouted.

"Girls look better with messy hair anyway." He felt the need to share his opinions, causing me to straight face him, and a smile grew on his face.

"Then people gone say I look like a bum, and that I don't know how to do my hair." I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"Fuck them people, tell them they can suck on Trenten dick!" He referred to himself in third person making Trinity and I laugh.

"Boy you better watch your mouth." I heard who I'm guessing is his momma in the background.

"I didn't mean." He looked up pass the camera view.

"You always say that." She scoffed.

"And I always never mean it." He put his face back in the camera smiling.

"Yous a character, boy'll." I smiled and he shook his head.

"It's cool if I add Sylas to the call?" He asked.

"Yes" Trinity quickly said, and I looked over at her, as she wrote in her Girl Tech Password Journal, like she ain't say that.

"Damn yo sister was on that one." He spoke at a tone where only I could here him.

"She geeked." I rolled my eyes, and he giggled.

Me, Trenten, and Sylas all been talking on the phone for that past couple days, and since I share a room with Trinity, she stay in the conversations.

It's never awkward because she not annoying, she lowkey be the topic of everything, because we don't nothing else to talk about but are siblings, who we've been spending quarantine with.

"Gone head, add him to the call." I waved, and he did just that, requesting Sylas to join the call.

His contact name popped up, Say Less 🤐

He immediately picked up, probably been waiting on his call all day.

"What you been up to?" Trenten asked him and he shook his head.

"Playing the game." He spoke in a sleepy tone.

"Thats all y'all do..." I said, and they both looked at me like I was a hater.

"And all you do is your hair" Trenten called me out.

"Facts" Sylas defended, and I tried not to smile.

"I can't deny." I have been playing in my hair a lot more than usual.

"You on phone with Tee Tee sister?" I could hear Sylas little brother, Manaseas ask, and from the corner of my eyes I could see the biggest smile grew on Trinity face as she heard him speak.

I swear she got a crush on him, and I know she writing bout him in that dairy.

Can't wait to figure out the passcode on that bitch, that'll be entertaining ass hell to read.

"Yep" Sy' answered his brother question, and I peeped him poking his little face up from behind the brown couch and look into the camera.

He always back there, he call it his meditation place, it's so cute.

"Can I see Tee Tee?" He asked, looking at the side of Sylas face, continuing to call her by the nickname she stay saying she hate.

I think we all know.. she secretly loves it.

"Ask Brook..." Sy' spoke softly and Manaseas nervously looked at me.

"Tee Tee 'vailable?" He asked and I looked over at her, she quickly shook her head yes, and rushed over to my desk, as I pushed my chair back to give her room.

She put her face in the camera."What you want Manaseas?" She asked, faking a attitude, and he smiled putting his chin in his hands.

Why the hell kids have so much personality? I asked myself

"I don't know, I just don't got nobody else to talk to. You bored?" He questioned putting spacing in between each one of his words.

"Now that I'm talking to you, no actually."

Me, Trenten, and Sylas, all tried not to laugh at the pure corniness.

"That good, happy I could do that for you." He winked, and I let out a silent sighed.

They finna take over my phone.

I saw Sylas pull out a Ipod Touch, from the couch cushion, he started typing stuff in it, as they continued with they conversation, and I zoned out.

"Okay how bout I talk to you tomorrow..?" Manaseas asked, and I looked up from my nails.

"Okay..." Trinity smiled, as she ran back over to her bed, out of camera view, and Manaseas went back behind the couch.

A notification popped up on the top of my screen, and I read it in my head.

Little mother fucka tryna get some cochie.

I couldn't help but laugh.

They both only five, so we know it's as innocent as it can be.

"At an early age, thats sick." I said jokingly, and he started hysterically laughing, sounding just like a Clorox spray bottle, making me laugh even more.

He the quietest funniest person I know.

He's also cute, and sweet, and charismatic, and smart, and—

Oh no....

§ — §
I hope my writing has become less cringe. I can get anxious writing this, knowing imma publish, so I write stuff I think is good. Then I'll go back and read it, and be like, "the hell, that don't even make sense.."