36. School Project

"So I know you guys all had to experience a state of serious quarantine, for most likely the first times of your lives. And I also know there was a lot of conflict with the people around you, since you all were spending an unusual amount of time together." My teacher spoke and damn near everybody mugged because we only had to do that for a good three weeks.

"And in the past week we have briefly spoke about emotion maturity ones made passionate in our novel, Shakespeare. Now I want you to gather with a panther and speak about why you guys might think you're emotionally matured or not, and I want you to use evidence from the quarantine to defend yourself, evidence that can be backed up by people. Use the way you and your panther argued and how it went about in your 2 page essay, that you'll be turning in and presenting by the end of next week."

The whole class groaned, as I just sat there staring at Sylas, who was just writing in his notebook, while trying to keep up with what the teacher was saying.

He turned around and looked at from across the room, sending me a head nod, letting me know I was his panther.

--

"So do you feel like you're emotionally mature?"

"Yes but if someone try's me, that mature part is being thrown out the window." I answered

He laughed at the pure fact that what I just said is the complete opposite of being emotionally mature.

"How bout you?" I smiled innocently, causing him to send an adorable smile my way.

"I guess I'm emotionally mature because I try to understand where people are coming from, and then I try to convey to people where I am coming from, while staying in a collect state. because if I go off or my patience runs thin, they are going to feel like I'm putting them beneath me, as if I look at them like they can't compare to my level of smartness, which well never be true in my mind, even when it comes to a toddler. But if you express an over whelming amount of cocky power, that person may feel threatened, and another argument may arise. Some people can seem impossible to deal with, but you have to deal with them people in a more timely spirit. And to be honest, I don't really know if I'm emotionally matured, because I think that may only be able to truly happen if your brain is fully developed and I'm only sixteen. You get what I'm saying? Do you agree with me being an emotionally mature person?" He finished, looking at me with a effective smile, letting me know he enjoys explaining his logic to me, even if I'm far too dumb to get it.

"Sylas, man, this is why I love you." I blurted and did not at all regret it. He looked at me intensely, and in a shock manner.

"Now say that while looking me in my eyes this time." He told me, stunned, making me smile.

"That's why I love you..." I repeated easily, and I could see his eyes get the slightest bit of watery.

"Damn, this really happening man." It's like he was voicing his thoughts out loud.

"Will you know what?" He asked.

"What?" I laid my head on my knee feeling giddy inside.

"I love you too."

After that we got side tracked resulting in us not getting to the writing part of the project.

———

finna be dropping back to back, I already got the next couple chapters planned and everything

finna be dropping back to back, I already got the next couple chapters planned and everything. Ignore the numbers.

I wrote this chapter a long time ago, so that's why it's short, but I added some stuff.