"I haven't seen you around school before," I stated, measuring his tone.

"Yeah, I transferred from Devenford Prep."

Scott's eyes narrowed as he and I picked up on the same thing. The slight jump in his heart rate. He was lying.
"You transferred?" Scott pried.

"Yeah," Liam replied rather quietly.

"No, you got kicked out, didn't you?"

Liam looked even more confused as he stepped back slightly, looking at Scott. "All right. Look! Kicked out or transferred, what do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?"

"No. No, we don't need any more good players," Stiles answered quickly, turning to me for support.

I shrugged, "I mean, maybe a few wouldn't hurt?"

Stiles took a sharp breath, facing Liam once more. "Okay, how'd you get this good? Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night? Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods-"

Seeing where this was headed, I grabbed my boyfriend's hand and made him take a step back from the freshman. "Okay, I think that's enough of that."

Liam watched the interaction, the strange nature of it not lost on him.
"Look, I learned from my stepfather, all right? He made team captain when he was a sophomore. Like you," he told Scott.
"And yeah. . . I guess I'm just that good."

I choked back a laugh as the boy grabbed his things and left the locker room, leaving Stiles with an annoyed look on his face.

Scott on the other hand, didn't bother to hide his laugh as he watched Liam leave. "He wasn't lying that time."

♧♤♢♡

I had barely walked out of my next class when Stiles had grabbed me by the arm and began to drag me down the hallway. I struggled to put my books in my bag as he lead me along.

"Babe, seriously? I can walk by myself," I told him, trying to shake his grasp. He slid his hand down my arm until it met my hand.

He only stopped walking when we reached Kira and Scott in the hallway. Stiles didn't even stop to say hello before he informed us all that there had been an axe murder last night.

"An axe murderer?" Kira asked, doubting the story.

"A family-murdering axe murderer," my boyfriend clarified.

Scott hesitated for a moment, "I already heard about it."

"Wait. What? You did? How?"

"My mum called me. She knew we'd see it on the news."

"Scottie, this is the sort of stuff we expect you to tell us," I scolded.

Stiles shrugged, "Either way, now that we're all on the same page, let's go."

The werewolf shook his head, "Whoa, whoa. We've got Econ in five minutes."

Even I was shocked by Scott's response. He was usually all for stuff like this if it meant saving lives. But now, he was worried about missing Coach's class?

"All right," Stiles' eyes narrowed. "Did you forget the family-murdering axe murderer?"

"Did you forget that your dad's the sheriff? They want us to stay out of it."

"And when did you decide to start listening?" I scoffed.

Stiles was overly frustrated with our Alpha friend at this point, "Are you guys kidding me? There's a family-murdering axe murderer and we're not going to do anything about it?"