8|sweatshirt

Zendaya was at her boyfriends house.

They were laying in bed and watching Netflix together.

Zendaya was also on her period. Which meant she was super emotional and hormonal.

That also meant that her moods changed pretty often.

One minute she was acting all lovey-dovey with Tom and the next she was biting his head off.

Tom always handled it well though, and had even gotten to the point where he could sense when the mood swings were coming.

He was just that great of a boyfriend.

But, Tom was too sucked into the cheesy Netflix film they were currently watching.

Or more like he was currently watching.

For the last few minutes of the movie, Zendaya hadn't been paying any attention. She had her eye on one thing, and one thing only.

Tom's sweatshirt.

Her cramps were eating her alive and she had the chills. She could've easily grabbed a blanket from Tom's bed and her problem would've been solved.

But all she wanted was that oversized, warm, comfy sweatshirt that Tom had on. She wanted it more than anything in the world right now.

And she was going to get it, one way or another.

Zendaya sat up in bed and sighed.

Tom was too glued to the movie to even notice her.

She shifted her position, and sighed, this time a little louder.

"What's wrong, love?" Tom asked, pausing the movie.

"Hmm?"
"I asked what was wrong. You were sighing."

"Nothing, i'm just kinda cold," she told him.

"Oh I can fix that," Tom said and stood up.

Zendaya grew excited. He was about to get up and give her his sweatshirt without her even having to open her mouth and ask for it.

However, her excitement vanished as quickly as it appeared when Tom walked to the end of the bed and grabbed a blanket to cover her with.

"Is that better?" he asked her, smiling.

"This should work," she replied, faking a smile.

"Ok, good," Tom said. He kissed the top of her head and climbed back into bed. He pressed play on the movie and pulled Zendaya into him.

The blanket was fine, and Tom's body heat was nice as well, but Z still wanted the sweatshirt.

She had set her mind on it and she was going to get it.

She started to shift in Tom's arms, readjusting the blanket. Tom simply loosened his grip and tightened it again once she had stopped moving.

Now she was starting to get frustrated. Could he not take a hint?

Zendaya stepped up her game and started to shiver.

Tom turned to her quickly.

"Love, are you shivering?"
"Yeah, I'm still a little bit cold."
"Ok, i'll go turn the heat on," he said.

Tom paused the movie once more and started to get out of bed again, but Zendaya grabbed his arm to stop him.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't really want the heat on."
"Oh..." Tom said, confused. "Ok, well, do you want another blanket or something? I can go grab one."

"No, Tom. I want that," she said, pointing to his sweatshirt.

Tom looked down at his sweatshirt and frowned.

"You want my sweatshirt?"

Zendaya nodded.

"Oh no, you're not getting this," he said, laughing.

"What? Why not?"
"Because it's all I have left."
"You don't have any more sweatshirts left?"
"No. You took them all."

Zendaya crossed her arms and stared Tom down.

"I promise i'll bring it back," she said. "Just for tonight."
"You said that the other six times I gave you one of my sweatshirts," Tom said, laughing again.

The fact that Tom thought this was a joke was making Zendaya very angry. She was dead serious.

"Look, love, i'll give you as many blankets as you want, turn the heat up as high as it can go, and hold you as tight as I can if you're cold, but i'm not giving you my sweatshirt."
"Why? What's so special about it?"
"Nothing, I just would like to have something for myself."

"Tom, pleaseeee," Zendaya begged.
"No, Daya," he said "and that's final."

He started the movie up again and relaxed into his pillow.

Zendaya was pissed. She sat in her spot, almost baffled because she didn't get the sweatshirt. She was so pissed that it was making her upset.

Before she knew it, hot tears were streaming down her face and she was genuinely shivering.

It didn't take Tom long to notice how strange she was acting.

"Daya," he started to say, as he turned his head.

He stopped talking as soon as he realized she was crying.

"Baby, why're you crying?" he asked, sitting up to comfort her.

"I don't know, i'm just hormonal, and uncomfortable and I really want your jacket. I'm sorry," she cried.
"You don't have to be sorry," he told her.

Then he sat back and thought for a minute. He let out a short sigh.

"Would you actually feel better if I gave you my sweatshirt?"

Zendaya didn't answer, but looked at him with puppy dog eyes and nodded.

"Ugh, fine," Tom caved.

He got up and took off the jacket. He handed it to Zendaya to put on and her face immediately lit up. He sat back down and watched as she hurriedly put it on.

As soon as the jacket was on, Zendaya was happy and her shivers were gone.

Tom looked at her, scoffed, and rolled his eyes. Then, he grabbed her and pulled her into his side.

"I see your shivers are gone now, huh?"
"Yup," she said, smiling.

"There you go. You won," Tom laughed.

"I always win," Zendaya said.

"Oh yeah, thank you for the reminder."
"Anytime, my friend."

She reached up and gave him a peck on the cheek. Then, they both settled in to finish the rest of their movie.

Suddenly, Zendaya felt a lot better.