18|chef boyar-Z

TW/ mentions of blood
(A/N: see what i did w the title haha)

based on irl events...interview prediction linked above ^^^

"Zendaya—every time she cooks—comes millimeters from, not chopping her fingers off, her hand off."
-Tom Holland

Tom and Zendaya were on FaceTime as Zendaya prepared dinner. She was making some pasta for Tom.

Pasta is a traditionally easy dish, but Zendaya decided to go all out and make her own sauce. The sauce needed to cook in a crockpot for an hour or two before she could serve it with the pasta.

Zendaya was now preparing to add some vegetables to the crockpot for the sauce.

She was less focused on the veggies she was chopping than her conversation with her boyfriend.

"Agh, Z, be careful. You're literally gonna chop your hand off!" Tom cried through the phone.
"It's fine," she said, rolling her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic."

"No, it's not fine," Tom told her "because I don't want you to lose any important body parts. I love all of you. I want you to stay whole."

Zendaya chuckled at this comment.

"And most importantly, I don't want a side of ring finger in my pasta."

This made Zendaya laugh even harder. She closed her eyes as laughter overcame her. For a moment, Tom forgot about how worried he was for her and let himself enjoy her laugh. It was one of his favorite things to hear.

He smiled as he watched her and even let himself laugh a bit too.

Suddenly, Tom heard the knife clatter and his smile faded.

"Shit!" Zendaya cursed. The knife fell to the floor and she stepped back clutching her hand.

In all of the commotion, the phone fell and now Tom could only see the kitchen ceiling.

"Z?" he asked. No response.

Without realizing it, Tom was standing and clutching his phone. He stared harder at the phone—as if that would help him to better see what was going on.

"Zendaya?" he repeated, sounding even more alarmed. His girlfriend was quiet for a moment.

The phone was unexpectedly picked up. Zendaya propped it back up against the wall. It was positioned so that Tom could only see her from the chest up.

As soon as she saw his face she flashed him a smile. Tom thought it was a rather painful one.

"Are you good?" he asked her. Just seeing her face made his heart rate slow down slightly.

She was quiet for a moment before answering.

"Yeah," she said, although she sounded unsure.
"Are you sure?" Tom questioned, an eyebrow raising.

"Yeah, I'm good, I swear," she assured.
"Lemme see," Tom said. He wasn't fully convinced.

Zendaya held up a hand. It was unscathed. Tom breathed a sigh of relief.

"See?" she said. "I'm fine, Tom. It just missed my finger."
"You got lucky."
"I know right," she said.

Tom thought he heard her wince shortly after. He frowned again. He was about to check on her one more time, but Darnell walked in before he could.