7|prom

Tom and Zendaya sat on the couch cuddling and watching Grease.

"How cool would it to be at a prom back then?" Tom asked.

"Honestly, being at any prom would be cool to me. Now or then. The place wouldn't matter either. I didn't go to prom," Zendaya said.

"Wait," Tom said, sitting up and pausing the movie. "You never went to prom?"

"Nope," Zendaya said, putting extra emphasis on the "p".

"What? Even I went to prom in secondary school! I can't believe that you didn't go to prom."

"Well, I didn't exactly go to high school. Aside from school dance scenes in Shake it Up or KC Undercover, i've never actually been to any dance."

Tom's mouth dropped open and his eyes practically popped out of his head.

Zendaya laughed and slapped him on the arm.

"Thomas, close your mouth! Now start the damn movie!"

"No! We've gotta do something about this!" Tom demanded.

"Tom, what're we gonna do? It's not like we can turn back time. I'll be fine, I swear. Prom isn't even that important. Now, c'mon! Let's finish the movie," Zendaya told him, pushing his back into the couch.

Out of absolutely nowhere, Tom sprang up from the couch. The sudden motion startled Zendaya.

"Not even important?! Prom is literally magical!" Tom cried, feigning utter shock.

"Very good performance! You're an amazing actress, sweetie. I really felt like you gave it your all!" Zendaya said, mocking him and laughing.

Tom whipped around and made his way towards the staircase in their apartment. Zendaya watched him dramatically walk away.

"Where are you going?"

"I have something I need to take care of!"
"But, what about Grease?" Zendaya called.

"We'll finish it later!"

Zendaya rolled over in bed the next morning to find herself alone.

She glanced over at the clock and looked at the time.

It was only eight in the morning. Tom was never up that early.

Zendaya got up out of bed and searched the house for Tom.

Tom was nowhere to be found.

Zendaya wasn't worried–she just thought it was odd.

Tom never left the house without leaving a note or shooting her a text telling her where he was at.

Zendaya shrugged it off and settled onto the couch. She was scrolling through her phone when someone knocked on the door.

She was overjoyed when she saw who it was on the other side.

"Boob!" she cried out, wrapping her friend, Hunter, in a bear hug.
"Hi, love!" Hunter said, ecstatically.

"Oh my gosh...what-what're you doing here?" Zendaya asked.
"We're hanging out today!" Hunter told her.

"What? When?"
"Now!"

Zendaya looked shocked. They hadn't at all planned this and she was nowhere near ready. But, she wasn't about to object to spending an entire day with her best friend.