1|perfect storm

It was the morning after Tom and Z had had their first big fight. They both had a lot going on and what ended up being a small fight over something stupid ended up being a nasty, terrifying fight.

The thing that made it terrifying was that Tom had just come from a relationship filled with big and nasty fights.

When Zendaya confessed her feelings for him, he made it very clear that if they were in a relationship, that he did not want to have any of those fights.

Zendaya promised that it would never happen. And last night, it just kind of happened.

Normally, she never argued with Tom anyways. They were both very easygoing. If there was a chance that they were going to argue, Zendaya would quickly try and change the subject or at the very least keep the argument short.

But, last night, she was unable to do so.

So, on the morning after their first big fight, Zendaya sat on the edge of her bed. She could only think of the absolute worst.

What if Tom left her because of this? Or even worse, what if Tom hated her because of this?

She had a big event today. Today was the release of her new jewelry collection. A project she had poured her heart and soul into.

It was a very big day, and when she knew that this big day was approaching she told Tom. She told him she wanted him there with her more than anything. And he said that he wanted to be there with her. More than anything.

But now, it was the morning after their first big fight and Zendaya no longer cared about her big event. She only cared about Tom and if he would be there.

"Z! Daya! Zendesha!" Darnell shouted at her.
"Yeah?" she responded, quickly turning her head.
"Girl, i've been standing here trying to get your attention for five minutes! You need to be getting ready, we've gotta go soon."

Zendaya looked at him, too distracted to reply, so she just nodded her head instead. Then, she turned her head back around and started thinking of the worst again.

Darnell frowned at her. He stepped in the room and closed the door behind himself.

"Ok, what's going on? Are you nervous? Where's your head at?" he asked her.
"It's not the event," she sighed, failing to give any further explanation.
"Ok...go on," Darnell urged.

"It's Tom. Tom and I had a really big fight over the phone last night," she confessed.
"The one thing he said he never wanted to do," Darnell said.
Zendaya nodded and put her head down.

"Well, he's coming today isn't he?"
"I thought so, but last night, before we hung up, I asked him if i'd see him today and he didn't reply. I don't know, D...what if...what if this is it?"

Darnell looked at his best friend sadly. He hated seeing her like this. He wanted to comfort her and hug her and do whatever he needed to to make her feel better, just like best friends do.

But, he was also her assistant. And he was responsible for getting her to do what she needed to do. Right now, she needed to be getting ready for her event.

She had worked too hard on this jewelry collection over the past few months. He wasn't going to let this overshadow her hard work.