Twenty-Four: Kiss

Josh's POV
Chapter Twenty-Four: kiss
*edited

Wanna know what really sucks?

When your crush leaves you with 'I like you' and then denies he even says it.

I know why he did it, and it probably didn't mean how I took it. But every part of me willed it to mean what I wanted it to mean.

I dunno what hurts worst, that or stubbing your toe.

Callum left at like five in the morning last night, saying he'd be back later, giving me a wink and then exiting through my bedroom door.

It was now 10, my mom and dad were gone. Sylvia was at her... I dunno... she was at that guy's house.

I was by myself, bored as hell.

I was about to take a nap when I heard the doorbell ring.

I stumbled down seeing a package on the ground and grinning. Callum's gift had come.

I had just made it up the stairs when the doorbell rang again.

I groaned, going downstairs and throwing the door open, seeing Callum grinning, a box of donuts in his hand.

"Cherry?" I asked.

"Cherry." He repeated, happily. "Just for you."

~~~

Callum and I sat at the kitchen counter, enjoying our variety of donuts.

Callum looked... extra breath taking today. Cringe I know. His green eyes seemed to glitter more than usual and his hair had been styled unlike how it normally was, just flopped around. He wore a short sleeved shirt, his muscles straining it.

I caught myself gazing at him and embarrassingly turned back to my donut.

"Ok." Callum sighed, rubbing his hands together. "What are we doing today?" He asked, grinning at me.

I shrugged, "Nothing. My fat ass is too tired." I whined and Callum glared at me.

"Josh. You're fucking beautiful, will you stop with that dumb shit? You make me wanna squeeze you when you say things like that." He made a squeeze gesture with his hands. "Like I don't- Josh you're breath taking. Okay?"

I flushed, "Shut up."

"Hey. I'm not saying you need to, but I'm going on a run later. I'm gonna be bored so... if your weak self wants to come with, I won't say no." He said, bringing a donut slowly to his face.

I bit my lip, noticing Callum's eyes dip before he licked his own and looked away.

I swallowed thickly, "A run..." I groaned. "Me?"

"Yes you." He said poking my arm. "Come with me. It'll be fun."

I groaned. "Fine fine." I waved, not needing much convincing. Honestly I just wanted to hang out with him, "how much are we running? A mile or something?"

Callum snorted, "I dunno. I just run until I can't." He said, watching as I started towards my room to go change.