Chapter Twenty-One: broken noses

Josh's POV
Chapter Twenty-one: Broken Noses
*edited*

Callum and I sat on the couch, exhausted. We had just spent the last 6 hours cleaning the kitchen and eating cake.

"My feet hurt." Callum sighed, running a hand through his hair.

When he asked me to cut his hair I was upset, his long hair frames him so good, he looks so nice in it...

I had kind of a rough night last night. While Callum slept in the guest room (which has now basically just became Callum's room) I tossed and turned all night through annoying dreams.

They weren't scary or anything, they were just about Callum, then, when I realized I couldn't sleep I started thinking and I realized how bad of a friend I was for even having a crush on him. Callum isn't gay, he doesn't like guys, he doesn't deserve his best friend to act so weirdly around him.

I sighed. I guess there's really no point in stressing about it now.

"At least the cake was good."

Callum looked at me with a gentle gaze in his eyes. "Yeah? Was it worth it?"

I returned his gaze, "Yeah it was." I pushed myself to my feet, "It's nap time." I stretched my arms high over my head and sighed, "I'm exhausted."

Callum made a face as if he was lost in thought. "Yeah. I need to work on homework too, I'll just do that while you sleep."

I choked, "You're doing homework? Jesus Christ the gods have blessed us."

Callum glared at me. "Maybe I'll just purposely annoy you so you can't fall asleep."

"Do that and I will murder you."

"Are you threatening me? Should I call the police and tell them?"

I started walking upstairs. "You can if you want to, but they'd probably take my side." I sent him a wink.

A wink? Really? A wink? That's so embarrassing why did you do that? I felt like face palming.

Callum grumbled, "You're right." He sighed, "I really don't want to do homework."

I didn't say that but ok.

"You are always welcome to join me in a nap." I yawned as I reached the top of the stairs. "Follow me thot."

Callum chased after me, "hoe." He replied under his breath.

"Bitch."

He chuckled, "Jerk."

I laughed as I launched myself into my room and on my bed. There's nothing more satisfying than lying on your bed after a long day of cleaning.

I buried myself into my sheets. I felt the bed dip down next to me and suddenly Callum was next to me.

"Let's cuddle." He said in a joking voice, putting his leg over mine and wrapping his arm around me. He successfully encased me for a solid half a second.