Chapter One | Bloody Knuckles

Josh's POV
Bloody Knuckles
*edited*

"No wait-" He doesn't wait, of course he doesn't wait, instead tossing off his shirt and doing a front flip into my backyard pool.

My sister lets out a yelp from the water that splashes on her and of course my parents cackled at the chaos. 

"Come on in guys, the waters great." He hollers, leaning his head back and pulling the hair out of his face, wet strands leaving him looking like a wet cat.

Albeit a very nice looking wet cat, but still.

Callum was a whole different breed of man. 

He had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, they were green, if he were some made up book character, there was no doubt in my mind that his eyes would be called emerald.

 Straight teeth, luscious hair.

But besides looks, Callum had something that there's no way anybody has ever had before. 

He was my best friend, one that's been there for my whole life. 

My sister chewed her lip, sinking herself into the pool, smoothly unlike Callum. 

I understood why Callum chose to submerge himself completely, especially when my sister immediately wrapped her arms around her body and shivered. 

Callum rolled his eyes, "Quit being such a baby, Josh, the waters warm, my charm is making it boil." 

I cringed at the cliché term and Callum gave me an annoyed scoff. 

"Get in," He said, in a much more 'do it' tone than a 'you should do it' one. 

My sister was dramatic, I wouldn't take her word that it was cold. She's cold hearted anyways, even fire feels cold to her.

I nod my head reluctantly, throwing off my shirt and charging into the pool, listening to the echoes of Callum's snicker as I splash him.

"What about you?" He turns to my parents, "Care to join?" Callum asks, sending my mom his attempt at a 'convincing smile'. In my opinion he looked more cunning than convincing. I've had that smile used on me multiple times.

"No that's okay, Callum. We'll just stay here."

I liked when Callum acted like himself, not the outright, bold, tough guy that he was at school. When he just calmed down and had fun.

Okay, maybe not 'calmed down'. Calm and Callum couldn't even be in the same paragraph.

Callum swims smoothly over to the edge of the pool, taking his drink and sipping it as he closes his eyes to avoid the harsh sun.

My sister and I glanced at each other, using our sibling telepathy to converse a plan through our brilliant minds. 

We stalked towards him, careful not to make too much noise. 

However, right before we had time to push him under he spins around, taking us by surprise and forcing both of us down instead as he swims away leisurely.