Chapter 6:Campfire Jam

It was the 3rd day of camp and I had a great day with Shane yesterday, except having Tess interrupt our lunch date. I took a quick shower and I decided to wear a tie dye peace t-shirt, blue jeans and white toms. After I finished getting ready, I found Peggy,Caitlyn,and Ella's beds empty. "They must've went to the Mess Hall." I said to myself as I walked there to meet them. As I walked to the Mess Hall, I found the girls sitting with Shane, Nate, Jason and Barron and Sander. I met them yesterday during Dance Class. "Hey Nikki." Shane said getting up and giving me a hug. "Hey Shane." I said hugging him back. Shane was wearing a light blue t-shirt, faded jeans,and black converse. After Shane hugged me, I sat down by Caitlyn. Caitlyn was wearing a green t-shirt, black jean shorts and black converse."So me and the girls were talking and we thought about having a sleepover after tonight's campfire jam. " Peggy said before she took a bite of her pancakes. Peggy was wearing a pink t-shirt,black leggings with blue jean shorts and sliver converse. "Yeah, it's gonna be so much fun. We're gonna watch romance movies, eat pizza. Just do girl stuff. " Ella said smiling. Ella wore a orange and white tank top, with white jeans and white flats. "Sounds like fun." I said smiling. "So it's settled, at 8:00 we'll meet at Nikki's Cabin." Yara said. She was wearing a pink shirt, and jean shorts with black converse. We all nodded our heads and finished eating our breakfast. After we finished eating, we got ready to go to class. As I got up, Shane pulled me over to a corner where we could talk in private. "Hey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for yesterday. It wasn't the best lunch huh?" He asked me. "Tell me about it. Why do you think Tess was trying to mess it up?" I asked him. "I don't know." He said shrugging his shoulders. "But I wanna make it up to you. I wanna take you one of my secret hiding places that I had when I was a Junior Rocker. So what do you say, make up picnic tonight at 8:00?" He asked while holding my hands. " I can't. I'm having a sleepover at my cabin with the girls after the Campfire Jam. So I've gotta plan that. " I said frowning at him. "How about tomorrow?" He asked me. "Maybe. I'll try during lunch. Right now, I gotta go to class. I'll see you later. " I said giving him a hug. "Ok, I gotta go and teach my vocal class. I'll see you tonight at the Campfire Jam." Shane said walking away smiling. After Shane and his brothers left to go and teach their classes, I walked to Songwriting class. As I was walking I bumped into a girl wearing a pink top, dark skinny jeans, and white high tops. She had mixed skin and light brown curly hair. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" I asked the girl as I helped her up. "Yeah. Sorry I didn't look where I was going. I'm Rosie Day and it's my 1st day at Camp. " She said shaking my hand. "Oh, you must be Sander's cousin. He told us you were coming. " I said helping her with her pink duffel bag. "Yeah. Can you show me where my cabin is?" She asked me. "Sure, your in Cabin 6A. My friends Yara and Dana are in that cabin." I said to her. After I helped Rosie get settled in, I let her come to songwriting class with me. When we got there, Brown introduced her to the class and let her sing. She sung her song "Butterflies". After we finished all of our classes, we went to get ready for the campfire jam. I wore Mitchie's Purple and Blue flower patterned dress, jean jacket, and brown cowgirl boots that she gave me. Caitlyn wore a pink t-shirt, jeans, and gray high tops. Rosie wore a light green and blue striped t-shirt, jean shorts, and gray converse. Ella wore a flower printed pink long sleeve top, blue skinny jeans, and pink converse with a pink beanie. Peggy wore a purple top, faded jeans and purple converse. Yara wore a flower printed orange shirt, dark jeans and white toms. Dana wore a pink and silver shirt, blue jeans, and gray sequin converse. After we got ready, we met at the campfire with everyone else. "Hey Nikki." Barron and Sander said. "Hey guys." I said sitting down with my guitar case. "So what song are you gonna sing tonight?" Sander asked as he sat by Rosie. "My song "Melodies". I said tuning my guitar. "Awesome." Barron said. As I finished up tuning my guitar, Shane came and sat down beside me. "Hey Nikki." Shane said as he sat by me. "Hey. So how was class?" I asked. "It was good. I just wish I could've hung out with you. " Shane said as he put his arm around me. "Me too. " I said as I put down my guitar and laid my head on his shoulder. "It's looks like my brothers are keeping your friends company. " Shane said as he pointed to Dana and Nate flirting with each other and Yara and Jason laughing at something crazy. "Yeah. So are you ready to hear my new song?" I asked him. " I am. " Shane said smiling at me. After Tess and her new backup singers Rachel Berry and CeCe Jones were finished singing their song "Spotlight" and Tess was trying to be the center of attention like always, Dee introduced me as I came onstage. Everyone cheered. "This is a song that I wrote for a very special person." I said smiling at Shane. After I sung my song, everyone congratulated me. While everyone else preformed, I went to my cabin to set things up for the sleepover.