Chapter 3:Opening Jam!

While we walked into the Mess Hall, I bumped into a guy with black curly hair, wearing a gray leather jacket, dark blue t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and black converse. "Oh I'm sorry. I'm klutz sometimes are you ok? " I asked him. "Yeah, I'm fine. "He said. "I'm sorry about that, I'm Nikki." I said shaking his hand. " Nice to meet you, I'm Shane Gray." He said smiling at me. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm a huge fan of you and your brothers. I love you. That came out wrong , you know what I ment to say. " I said smiling. "I could tell with the " I'm not gonna freak out in front of him" look on your face. " He said laughing. "You saw that. " I said smiling. "Kinda. So are you a songwriter?" He asked eying my songbook. " You could say that. " I said smiling. "Nikki, it's about to start,come on. " Caitlyn said sitting on one of mess hall tables. " I gotta go. I'll see you soon. " I said waving to him. "I hope so klutzy girl. " Shane said winking at me. I walked over to where Caitlyn was and sat on top of the table by her. "I want you to meet some people. This is Dana and Yara. They're new campers too. " Caitlyn said smiling. "I saw you talking to Shane Gray,your so lucky." Yara said. "I'm not that lucky. He has girl crazed fans talk to him everyday." I said blushing. "I still can't believe Connect 3 is here . "Dana said. "I know. It's like I'm living a dream." Yara said. "So are you gonna sing?" Caitlyn asked me as she pointed to the stage in the center of the mess hall. "No way. I'm just gonna sit here and think of some songwriting ideas." I said smiling at her. "Well, you can't , because I signed you up!" Caitlyn said squealing. "Why?!" I asked her wide eyed. "Because I believe that you have more talent than some of these stuck up wannabes. " Caitlyn said. "Thanks Caitlyn. I'll give it a try. " I said hugging her. "Now get up there and show em' what you got. " She said smiling at me. "Hi gang, I'm Dee La Duke. The musical director here at Camp Rock. And I'd like to welcome the new and old campers back to the best camp ever!" Miss.Dee said smiling. We all cheered with excitement. "Welcome to Opening Jam and the 1st one to show us what they've got is.... New camper, Nikki Ball!" The rest of the campers cheered. I walked up to the stage and grabbed a mic on the stand. "Break a leg!" Dee told me before she left the stage. "This is a song that I wrote last summer. " I said to the audience before I began. I decided to sing "The middle of starting over." After I was finished, the campers congratulated me. "That song was amazing. I told you that you could do it. " Caitlyn hugged me. "Nikki, you were so good. I didn't know you could sing like that. " Shane said walking up to me as Caitlyn and the girls left. "I got the gift from my friend Mitchie. But thanks for the compliment." I said smiling. "So I was wondering if you would.... I was thinking that we could..." Shane said to me. "Hi Shane, how was the tour?" A girl asked him. She was wearing a hot pink dress, silver jean jacket, and silver high heels with blond hair. "Hi Tess. It was great. " Shane said through his teeth. "Hi, I'm Nikki." I said holding out my hand. "Hi, I'm Tess Tyler." She said holding out her freshly manicured hand. "Nice to meet you." I said as I smiled at her. "And these are my friends Ella Pador and Peggy Dupree. " She said pointing to the girls behind her. " We are NOT your friends, you just wanted to use us as your backup singers." Peggy said. "Yeah, we're moving out of your cabin tonight. " Ella said. "Well if you want, you can move in with me and Caitlyn." I said to them. "Ok, we will. "Peggy said. "But it's the 1st day of camp. Where can I find new backup singers!?" Tess exclaimed. "Oh, you'll find some. You always do." Ella said after Tess stomped off. "It's a good thing that you didn't get to know Tess. She's not a good friend anyway. " Peggy said going with Ella to get their luggage before Tess came back. "So as I was saying before, would you wanna go to the lake and hangout with me tomorrow for lunch?" Shane asked once they left. " I would love to. " I said smiling at him. "Great. I'll see you at 12. " He said to me before he walked off. After everyone preformed,we went back to the cabin with Peggy and Ella and fell asleep. I couldn't wait to see what tomorrow would bring.

Author's Note: I decided to use Sabrina Carpenter's song "The middle of starting over." Credit to Sabrina Carpenter. I hope you like the story so far, I got the idea to do this from doing Camp Rock:the musical. I love the movies and the show. So please vote, comment and tell your followers.