Chapter 5:Lunch with Shane

After dance class with the girls, I checked the time on my phone it was 12, which ment Shane was waiting for me at the dock. "Hey Nikki, where are you going?" Caitlyn asked me. "Yeah, they're having a taco buffet for lunch." Peggy said. "I've gotta go meet Shane for lunch at the dock. See ya later. "I said smiling at them. "Ok, have fun." Ella said waving to me. I walked over to the beach and decided to sneak up on Shane. "Hey stranger. " I said as I poked Shane in the side. "Hey klutzy girl." He said hugging me. "So what's for lunch?" I asked eying the picnic basket."Grilled cheese sandwiches, blueberry yogurt, frozen Hershey's chocolate bars,and two bottles of water. "All sneakily stolen from the Mess Hall." He said smiling at me. "Sounds nice. " I said giggling. We walked over to the dock, put on our life jackets, got in a canoe, and started rowing. "So why are you here at Camp Rock?" Shane asked me. " To become a better songwriter. What about you?" I asked him while helping him row. " To take a break from touring. I've spent so much time singing every single night that I haven't had time to take a break from it. " He said smiling. "I wish I could do that. Not the touring part,but going somewhere new everyday. " I said as we kept rowing. " I like it, but I just wish I could be normal for a little while." He said. I just nodded. After talking for a little bit, he found a spot under a tree to eat lunch. I set the picnic blanket under the tree, while Shane got the picnic basket and his guitar out of the canoe. "So why did you ask me out on the 1st night of camp?" I asked after I had a bite of my grilled cheese sandwich. "I just thought you were a really special girl and that you were very pretty. " Shane said rubbing my cheek. "Thanks." I said giggling like crazy. "Oh, by the way. I wrote you a song." He said pulling his guitar out. "Aww, you didn't have to do that. "I said smiling at him. "I wanted to. " He said winking at me. He played a sweet, soft acoustic song called "Your my favorite song ". After he finished the song, I thought he was about to kiss me, but our moment was messed up. As we both leaned into kiss each other, we heard a voice calling Shane's name from the other side of the lake. "What do you want Tess?" Shane said looking disappointed. "Brown needs you and your brothers for a meeting on tonight's jam. "Tess said shouting on the other side of the lake. "Fine, I'll be there in a few minutes. " He shouted back. We got all of the garbage and put it in the basket and rowed back to Camp. "I'll see you later and I promise that we'll have a make up date. " Shane said " I hope so. " I said smiling at him. "Bye klutzy girl. " He said giving me a kiss on my cheek. "Bye popstar. " I said as I ran back up to the Mess Hall to meet the girls. I hope I get to spend some time alone with Shane again, I thought to myself.

AN: I just decided to use the musical version of this because it's more cuter and sweeter.