Chapter 1: Camp Rock here I come!

"I can't believe that your going to Camp Rock this summer!" My best friend Mitchie said to me. " I can't believe it either. And still can't believe that you and Shane broke up. I mean he's one of the cutest boys on the planet. " I said picking up a picture of her and Shane rowing in the canoe going on a picnic date last year. "Yeah. But I'm happy that me and Shane ended it. We both went our separate ways." Mitchie said putting the photo down on her dresser. "I guess it's for the best." I said packing up the rest of my clothes for camp. "I'm gonna miss camp and my friends. " Mitchie said helping me pack. " But at least you get to work at Barney's and on your Mom's catering truck. " I said looking for my songbook. "Yeah, Nikki what are you doing?" Mitchie asked me. "Looking for my songbook, I thought it was laying on my bed. " I said while ruffling the covers on my purple bedspread. "Oh, you might have left it at my house. ." Mitchie said looking in her purse. "No, no,I always keep it by my bed. " I said looking under my bed. "Well, if you can't find it, I have something that might help." Mitchie said pulling out her tattered yellow songbook. "Mitch, no I can't have this. Songwriting is your life. " I told her while shaking my head. " Nikki, you need it more than I do. Besides you can't sing a burger joint. " She said with a silly look on her face. "Thanks, you really don't mind?" I asked her. "No I don't, and you can use all of my old songs and write some of your own. " She said handing it to me. "You are the greatest friend ever. " I said hugging her. "I know. " She said with a laugh. "Now, will you help me pick out my clothes to wear tommorow?" I asked her looking in my closet. " I think I can. " She said. Mitchie found the yellow-pink rose patterned dress, yellow- pink rose flats, and jean jacket. "You stuck this in my closet last night, didn't you?" I asked her. "Maybe...." She said smiling. We hung the outfit on my doorknob on my closet door and finished packing my clothes for Camp Rock. "And here." She said taking her old songbook and scratching out something in purple pen. "Now it's Nikki's Songs. It's time for you to have the best summer EVER. " Mitchie said handing it to me after hugging me. "I know I will. " I said smiling at her.