Chapter 4: Songwriting Class

I woke up that morning from a great sleep. I took a shower and I decided to wear a light blue t-shirt, jean shorts, and white converse. "Come on guys, we're gonna be late for our 1st class." I said ripping the covers off of the girls. " I'm not ready to go yet." Ella said pulling the covers back over her head. " Ella, I just saw Connect 3 walk by!" I said excitingly. "I'm up." She said as she jumped up out of bed. " I knew that would get her up." Peggy said laughing. Peggy wore a gray t-shirt, ripped jeans, and blue converse. Caitlyn wore a light green t-shirt, jean shorts with leggings,and gray high tops. Ella wore a pink top, dark blue jean capris, black converse. "I wonder who teaching our songwriting class. " Peggy said. "I hope it's Shane. He's so adorable!" Ella gushed full of happiness. " I think Shane has more things to do than teaching a class full of teenagers." Caitlyn said eying me waving at Shane while walking to the Mess Hall for breakfast. "Earth to Nikki." Peggy said waving her hand in my face. "Such a pretty cloud." I said looking immediately at the sky. "Sure, is. " Ella said giggling. "Come on, let's get some breakfast. " I said running to the Mess Hall with them. After we got our breakfast, we ran into Yara and Dana. Yara was wearing a tie dye tank top with jean shorts and black converse. Dana wore a purple t-shirt, white skinny jeans, and gray converse. "You'll never believe who's sitting by us."
Dana said. "Connect 3!" Yara squealed. We walked over and saw the boys sitting down at our table. The three boys introduced themselves and Yara and Dana fangirled over them. "So this was the girl that Shane has been talking about since last night?" Nate said jokingly to Shane. "Nate stop, it's no wonder he likes her. " Jason said making Shane blush. "Guys, this is Nikki,Yara,and Dana. You already know Caitlyn,Ella, and Peggy. " Shane said introducing us to the boys. "Nice to meet you and great to see you again. "They said waving to us. After eating breakfast, we got to know each other a little bit more. "Speaking of which, we gotta go to Songwriting class. " I said looking at the time on my phone as the girls got up. "Right. So I'll see you at 12 for lunch. " Shane said. "Not if I see you 1st. " I said winking at him. We left the Mess Hall and went to cabin 41 for our songwriting class. "Welcome to songwriting 101. I'm Brown Cesario, Shane,Nate,and Jason's uncle." He said smiling. The class erupted in cheers. "So let's see who I'm working with this summer. " He said scanning the room as hands went up like crazy as I wrote "Shane's"name in my songbook. "I think I'll pick ..... Nikki." He said smiling at me while pointing his finger at me. "M-M-M-M-e?" I looked up stuttering. "You can't argue with me or my finger." He said smiling. "Oh, If she won't do it, I'd be very happy to do it." Tess said while straightening her red leather jacket, white shirt, skinny blue jeans, and dusting off her red heels as she fixed her gold charm bracelet. "Thank you Tess. But my finger picked Nikki. " He said with a smile. Tess had a frown on her face and she wasn't happy. "Ok." I said smiling as I put my songbook down. Caitlyn, Peggy, Ella, Yara, and Dana cheered me on. "Alright, sing it out. " Brown said. I took a deep breath and started to sing one of Mitchie's songs "Different Summers". After I was finished singing it, everyone cheered except Tess. The look on her face said it all "she's better than me". "That's sounds like one of Mitchie's songs. " Brown said as he pulled me over. "Yes sir, I know but it's mine now. She told me I could have her songs now. I can find one of my songs if you'd like." I said smiling as tried to go to my seat. "No. Even though it was Mitchie's,It's yours now. I liked it. " He told me before he gave me a high five. After I sat down, I got a thumbs up from the girls but Tess just frowned at me. "I could've sung one of my songs. "Too Cool" is so much better than that. " She mumbled under her breath. This is gonna be one great summer, I thought to myself.