10

"It's me?"

"Yes," the Jamaican nods. "You're the one I like, Lauren." Her eyes widen a bit, forgetting the fact that her hands were still on Leigh's waist.

"I... I like you, too," Lauren confesses. Hearing that, Leigh-Anne felt as if she died and went to heaven. When you find out the one you're falling for actually does catch you, it feels so surreal.

She dives in for another kiss. This one a little less eager than the first. Lauren completely circles her arms around her, bringing her in until their hearts collided into one.

They bask in the ambiance; putting their true emotions in unspoken words, but active lips.

The kiss lasts longer this time, but they soon break apart again.

"What are you doing to me?" Leigh says with a whisper. Lauren smiles a bit, "I could ask the same thing. I've never felt like this before."

"Like what before?"

While getting lost in midnight eyes, Lauren takes a deep breath. "It's like... I feel funny, but it's a good funny? I can't describe it...," Lauren looks away then, trying her best to come up with the right words.

"The best way I could describe it is... it's kinda like the first time I smoked weed. I was afraid to do it, but once I did, the feeling it provided had me feeling... amazing," she looks back at the girl when she said that.

Leigh giggles, "Did you just compare liking me to weed?" Lauren chuckles, loving the girl's cute laugh. "That's the best way I could describe it, mamī," she says the nickname easily.

"I love it when you call me that," Leigh says softly. Lauren gives her a sly smile, "I know." The darker girl rolls her eyes, causing Lauren to chuckle again.

"But... you said you were scared. Why?" Leigh asks with a small tilt of her head.

"Truth be told, I wouldn't know how to treat you the right way. I've never been in lo- I've never felt so strongly for someone before," she tries to save herself.

But Leigh caught it.

Her eyes widen, "You're... in love with me?" Lauren's heart beats two miles a minute. "I-well, I.. um," Leigh cuts her off by kissing her again, a bit addicted to how her lips felt on hers.

It was a quick kiss, so Lauren didn't have much time to reciprocate.

"Since the day I met you, I knew I liked you. The closer we got, the more I liked you until the mere thought of you made butterflies go mad in my stomach. I realized it was more than a like the moment you wrapped your arms around me," she pauses, trying to read the expression on the girl's face.

"It felt right. I felt safe. I wanted to stay in your arms forever. I just... I-," she huffs out a breath, playing with the baby hairs at the back of Lauren's neck, soothing the girl.

"I love you, Lauren."

"Leigh-,"

"I'm serious. I love you, Lauren. You may say because I'm emotional that I'm just saying things-,"

"I don't think that at all," Lauren gently interrupts. "What I am thinking is that I'm not sure if I can... if I can love you the way you deserve."