09

Once it started getting too late, Jesy took Edwin home and started heading home with the remaining three.

The snacks they had were mostly consumed by Jade, who is now asleep in the back seat along with Erick.

"You okay, Lauren?" Jesy asks after a few moments of silence. The 17 year old stares out of the window for another second before answering, "Yeah." Her tone was somewhere between sad and tired.

"Why do you sound like that?" She glances at the passenger. "Tired. I just wanna lie down. My high wore off."

Jesy hums, "Sound more sad than tired, if ya ask me." Lauren rolls her eyes, "I'm tired, Jes."

"You can say that all you want, but it doesn't mean it's the truth," she says, falling quiet afterwards. Lauren knew she was right, but didn't want to say so.

"Do you know if Jin, Camz, and Richard are still at yours?"

"Jin left when I picked up Edwin. Richard and Camila may still be there," Jesy answers, pulling into her neighborhood. "Are you sure you're alright? You've had a rough day." Lauren says nothing for a while before looking over at the Essex native.

"You can take us home tonight. I don't want our mom to be alone," it was a lame excuse since their mom is most likely not home. Though, honestly, she just wanted to go to the wall.

Sure, there are two spots they occupy nightly that are near Jesy's, but the wall is sacred.

None of their friends has been to the wall other than Camila, Joel, and Jesy. Joel stopped after one time and Jesy stopped because she hated the neighborhood.

Too many old racists people in the area.

"Want Camila to come too?" Lauren nods, "If it's not too much."

"Not at all," Jesy says, busting an illegal u-turn before taking a shortcut to her place. Lauren smiles a bit when she said that. She liked how Jesy would go the extra length for her and her brother.

The shortcut made the drive three minutes shorter as opposed to the normal route.

Once they get there, Jesy parks and worked on waking her sister up while Lauren texted Camila.

We're outside

"Poopey, get up. We're home," Jesy shakes Jade's leg to wake her up, but to no avail. Just as Jesy was gonna give up, Lauren gets a mischievous look on her face. "Watch this," she whispers to the older sister.

Jesy nods, a tad worried about what the raven hair girl has in mind.

Lauren goes to her photos and widens her eyes with a gasp, "Holy fuck! RuPaul is coming to Miami!" Immediately, Jade jolts up and leans over the seat eagerly.

"Shut the fuck up! Lemme see!" The Geordie snatches Lauren's phone excitedly only to fall face first in disappointment when she didn't see anything about RuPaul, but a meme that says "Gotcha, bitch!"

Jade practically tosses the phone back to the owner, "That wasn't funny, Lauren," she grumbles angrily. "You wouldn't wake up," the younger girl shrugs.

"Go in and shower, I'll pick up dinner," Jesy says to her sister. Jade sucks her teeth, still mad at Lauren's little prank. "Whey aye then," she mutters, throwing the door open.

"Pizza?" The girl nods and exits the car just as Camila steps out.

"Nanite, Cami."

"Night, Jadey," they say as they pass each other. Camila makes it to the car and slips in. "Is anybody else in there?" The youngest nods, "Yeah, Richard." Jesy hums, "Does he need a ride home?" Camila shakes her head, "He called his mom."