Prologue - First Encounter

~𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜 𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝...~
(srry I'm not poetic and can't make up quotes)

"Mama! Let me carry those boxes" offered a young Hoseok.
His mother smiled down at the boy and shook her head,
"These might be a bit too heavy for you dear"
"Don't worry Ma, Seokie is strong!" He beamed and flexed his small arms to show his nonexistent muscles (just for now huehue).
His mother chuckled at the little boys charisma and handed him a light box which had his toys in them. Hoseok took the box, struggling to hold it properly since he couldn't fit his arms around the box, and grunted while proudly showing off his strength.

Their neighbours had seen the mother and son unloading their stuff from their car to their home and decided to help. The family approached the woman and started chatting to her, but their kid was too busy watching Hoseok who was still carrying the box into the living room.
"Hoseok! Hurry and come meet our neighbours" his mother beckoned him from outside.
Hoseok rushed out knocking over the box in the process, spilling its contents. With a smile, he introduced himself "hello I'm Lee Hoseok, nice to meet you".
"Dear, this is Mr and Mrs Chae, and this is their cute son Hyungwon"
Hoseok looked over at Hyungwon who was hiding behind his mother and clinging onto her leg. When they made eye contact Hyungwon hid further back.
"Hello Hyungwon!" Hoseok greeted the other with a wide grin, but the other kept quiet not even looking at him. Hoseok huffed and thought the younger was rude.
"Don't mind him, he's just really shy" said Mrs Chae offering the annoyed boy a smile.

After all the boxes were moved inside, the Chae family were invited to stay for lunch by Hoseok's mother. Hyungwon ate one biscuit and didn't seem to want anymore. Mrs Lee kept offering more but Hyungwon just shook his head. Hoseok was mad that this other boy was getting all the attention from his mother, he wanted her to stop fawning over him.
"Mama, I'll have them instead" Hoseok interrupted.
"You've already had five, that's enough"
Hoseok pouted and soon his mother gave in with a sigh " you can have one more"
"Yay!"
As the boy was indulging in his biscuit, Hyungwon had wondered off to the corner of the living room spotting some toy cars laying there amongst some boxes and started playing with them. After Hoseok was done with his biscuit he went over to the living room only to find the younger playing with his favourite toy car.
"Hey hands off! That's MY car go get your own!!" Hoseok screamed at the poor, confused boy.
Hearing the commotion, the parents came in to see what was happening. Hoseok ran to his mother
"He stole my car!"
"Dear he hasn't stolen it he's just playing with it, you should share your toys with your friends" she told the boy but Hoseok neither cared nor wanted to be friends with the younger.
Hyungwon saw that the boy seemed upset so he decided to give the car back. And by give I mean roll it across the floor with terrible aim but with full force, right into the wall. He' was just three after all. The impact caused one of the wheels to come off and the front of the car was scratched and a bit dented. The noise caught everyone's attention and Hoseok started crying after he saw the state of the toy.
"He broke it, this is why I never let others touch my favourite car!"
"Hoseok dear I'm sure it was just an accident, and we can easily fix it"
"No, it's broken and dad was the one who bought it for me!" Hoseok said with tears streaming down his face.
Upon hearing Hoseok's father being mentioned his mother stiffened.
"Sorry about the toy" Mrs Chae apologised,
"No no, it's fine"  Mrs Lee smiled up at her while hugging a sobbing Hoseok.

Soon the family left and Hoseok's mother told him that he shouldn't be selfish.
"It's just a toy dear"
"I know b-but Pa gave it to me before leaving us" Hoseok's cries had subdued.
Sighing Hoseok's mother picked up the boy and sat him down on her lap.
"I know you care about your father very much, but he was the one who chose to leave us for some other younger woman" her voice growing louder at the end.
Realising how she sounded, she calmed herself down, not wanting to let her anger take over. She spoke again with a softer tone.
"Father still loves you a lot dear, but he's found another family that makes him happy..." at this point she started getting teary "...and father wants you to be happy as well, so don't cry over something like this okay?"
Hoseok just nodded while embracing his mother.

*:.. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔃𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ..:*

Mrs Lee was cooking dinner when she heard the doorbell. She hurried to open the door to see Mr Chae and his son on the other side.
"Sorry for intruding this late but Hyungwon just couldn't wait till tomorrow to give this to Hoseok"
Mrs Lee looked over at the shy boy who was holding a messily wrapped present.
"Oh, is this for Hoseok?" Mrs Lee asked with a soft smile while leaning down to reach Hyungwons height. He nodded slightly while Mrs Lee patted his head.
"Since dinner is nearly done, Hyungwon can stay over for the night or at least eat dinner with us".
"So kiddo do you wanna stay with auntie?" Mr Chae asked his son, who didn't really want to stay away from his parents but wanted to be friends with Hoseok. He walked over to Mrs Lee who he thought was a nice enough lady and bid his father goodbye.

"Hoseok, dinners ready!"
Hearing those words the said boy rushed down the stairs, eager for his delicious meal so much so that he didn't notice a small boy already sat down on a high chair at the table. Only when Hoseok climbed up onto his chair did he notice light brown orbs staring at him. He immediately frowned.
"Mama why's he here?!"
"Hoseok don't be rude, Hyungwonnie will be staying over tonight so treat him well alright".
Once everyone had finished eating Hoseok's mother began collecting the dishes.

Hoseok saw that Hyungwon had food covering almost all over his mouth.
"Jeez, your such a messy eater"
Hoseok took a napkin laying on the table and leaned over the table to wipe off the leftovers from Hyungwons face. The younger just looked at Hoseok with curious eyes and his mouth still a bit open, seeing this the older giggled. 'Cute' he thought before realising and quickly adding 'but he's still a brat so I won't fall for that' to reassure himself.
"Hoseok dear why don't you take Hyungwon up with you to your room".
Hoseok grumbled and started heading to his room, stopping so the younger could catch up.

The older was already at the top of the stairs watching the younger climb each of the steps, draining most of his energy. 'Jeez he's so slow, just like a turtle' Hoseok snickered at the thought before going down and lifting the younger up from his armpits the rest of the steps.
"H-hyung strong"
Hearing Hyungwon actually speak surprised the older, for he was beginning to think the other was mute.
"Well I know I am, but you're also very light"
"Wonnie saw hyung carry big boxes, hyung looked really cool!" Hyungwon was making gestures with his hand and had stopped stuttering and looked at Hoseok with admiration. The older felt something along the lines of prideful and embarrassed,
"I-I did? I mean of course ahaha".

When the two reached Hoseok's room the older lay on his bed while the younger was staring at him nervously.
"What?"
"Wonnie is s-sorry for breaking your car so..." Hyungwon held up the present towards Hoseok, who sat up and took the gift. He ripped apart the wrapping paper and saw a toy car almost the exact same as the one he received from his father.
"Wonnie and Pa spent the whole day trying to find the same car but couldn't so-" the little boy was cut off by Hoseok who hugged him, surprising the younger. Hoseok felt bad for getting mad at such a cute and innocent boy, he was like an angel. 'I suppose he isn't that bad...' he thought to himself.
"Thanks wonnie, hyung is sorry for being mean"
Hyungwon just shook his head and cuddled the other back.

The boys spent the rest of the evening playing games and talking, with Hyungwon finally being more confident with the older.
"Since I'm older I get to pick what to play"
"Okay hyung"
"Do you always agree with everything? You know you can tell me if you don't agree" Hoseok huffed worried that the younger would be too much of a pushover.
"But I agree with hyung, I think hyung is always right" Hyungwon grinned at the older and he couldn't help but tackle the younger with a hug.
"Your way of thinking might get you into a lot of trouble someday" despite what he said Hoseok felt happy to know that Hyungwon trusted him a lot.

They both took a bath together before going to bed. Hoseok was about to fall asleep until he heard shuffling next to him. He turned around to face the younger who was fiddling with the duvet.
"What's wrong?"
Instead of answering Hyungwon hugged the older and pecked him on the lips, he then gave him a sleepy smile while saying "goodnight hyung" and went to sleep. From that day on Hoseok swore to be there for the younger always and forever.