Chp.23- Comfort

Chapter 23- Comfort

“Nurse!” I scream for help. My mind is racing at all the blood spilling out of my mom's mouth. Why is so coughing out so much blood? Suddenly, the door bang open and a gang of nurses and doctors walk in, immediately doing procedures with my mother's fragile body. “What is going on?” I ask a nearby nurse. “She has cancer...” The Nurse's face twitch into pity.

My world stop, leaving me to process this cruel information. I just found my mom to hear that she will be soon gone anyways? What have I ever done to deserve such punishment? I silently ask God, although it was pointless since I won't be able to hear his answer. Since I couldn't be inside, the nurses shooed my away leaving me to wait impatiently outside. I pace back and forth, clutching my stomach to stop the bile from rising up to my mouth. Too late. I hastily rush to the bathroom to heave up everything. Once I'm done, I flushed and limply fall to the ground. All energy was drained from me, and I just sat with my head between my legs.

My phone rings, the volume giving me a slight headache. Groaning, I pull out my phone. I smile weakly at the Caller ID: Hazza. “Hey” I meekly answer. On the other line, I can hear the other lads in the background. “Annabelle! Did you find your mom?” Harry asks. Suddenly, the tears begin to fall from my eyes. “She...she...has-s” I hiccup through my tears. “What?” I picture Harry's eyebrows furrowing, waiting for my reply. “Cancer.” I cry harder when I say it out loud. It all seems too real now. I got my Mother back, and I will lose her again.

“Where are you? I'm coming.” That's what I love about Harry. Before he asks any questions, he make sure to be there and holding me together first. Weakly, I recall the address and hung up. With all of my strength, I push myself off the while tiled floor and head back to the waiting area in front of my Mother's ward. Instead of sitting down and trying to relax, I just pace back and forth, trying to stare through the tinted windows. Suddenly, I jump when someone's hand gently tap my shoulders. I spin around, preparing to defend myself.

I let my guard down when I saw Harry and the lads, each holding an item of comfort. Harry gave me my favorite Starbucks drink: the White Peppermint Mocha. Niall pushed a bag of McDonald's in my hands, and I grin at the large fry, my favorite. Zayn gave me some toiletries, typical. I always rely on him for my beauty needs. Liam provide me with my favorite penguin stuff animal, Fattie. And Louis brought me an armful of electronics, including iPods, iPads, and a freaking Mac desktop! That boy and his crazy ideas. How the heck am I suppose to use the desktop?

“Thank you, I love you guys.” I pull all five of them into a bear hug, my presents left carelessly on a chair. “We know!” They chorused back. I bet any girl would want to be in my position right now, in the arms of five amazing guys. Once everyone pull away, Harry snuck in a kiss, we both smile at each other. I sat down on the floor instead of the chairs, stuffing my face with the food Nialler brought me. Red by Taylor Swift blast in my ears, and the whole entire world faded away from me. The guys gave me space, knowing that I am already comforted with them just being there for me.

After about an hour, the door of my Mother's ward finally open, revealing distressed faces. “What's going on?” I rush towards them, firing them with questions. The boys just sat still, letting me handle this first. “She's better...for now.” One of the doctor reply. He had dark circles under his eyes and blood on his gloves. “For now?” I echo, not quite understanding his words. “We tried to tame the cancer tumors ever since she started showing symptoms of having cancerous cells. However, time will always win.” A hot liquid rise up my throat, I fought to keep it down. “How much time?” I ask, although I scare of whatever answer he might give. “A month.” With that, the doctor and his team left to take care of other rehab patients.

A strong pair of hands grasp me so I wouldn't collapse to the ground. I had a month to spend with my Mom? How depressing is that?

“I'm sorry.” Harry kiss the top of my forehead, trying to comfort my broken heart. Soon Zayn, Niall, Louis and Liam joined us, all providing warmth and comfort.

“Why?” I cry out, “Why does it have to be my Mom? She doesn't deserve this! I don't deserve this!” The guys just hold me still as I threw my tantrum. “You will always have us, always.” All five of them say synchronously, and I knew they were speaking the honest truth. However, in the back of my mind...I still question that statement.

Once everything is clear out, I was allow to visit my mom. Once inside, I rush to my mother's side immediately. “Mom...” I whisper, my voice cracking. She smiles up at me and then her eyes trail towards the boys. Her smile grew bigger, “Harry?” Harry hugs her, carefully as if she will break if he apply any pressure. “Yes, Momma Puffy. Can you make me some of those amazing cream puffs?” My mother's cream puffs were Harry's favorite food ever. I remember him coming over to my house during my childhood years and always asking for cream puffs and then stuffing the cream in my face to eat the puffy part.

“Ou! I want some,too.” Niall yelp excitedly. Him and his love for food. “Of course...Niall? Belly talk a lot about you.” I blush, “Moooooom!” I whine. The guys crack up at the blush on my cheek. “I'm Louis! I'm the greatest Carrot Superhero of all time!” He declares loudly before squeezing my mom in his famous bone- crashing hug. “I'm Zayn. You will never forget me, I have the best hair.” Zayn introduces himself, all of us rolling our eyes at his vanity. “Hey Momma, I'm Liam, the only sensible one.” My mother smile sincerely at him, remember the stuff I said about Daddy Directioner. “Thank you all of you for taking care of my Annabelle.” All of them look like a row of penguins as they chorus, “You're welcome, Momma...Puffy?” I giggle at my mom's new nickname.

Momma Puffy...I love it. Harry discreetly wrap his hand around my waist, reminding me that he will always be there. Always.

A/N: I'm thinking of changing the format of this story. The paragraphs make everything so long and clumped together. What do you think? Comment down below (: I really want to make a new story, but I don't really know if I can handle it. It will be about a boarding school but the twist is that the school is full of gifted species. Vampires, Witches, Werewolves,etc. If you would like to read that, just tell me.

My OFFICIAL update schedule: Every Saturday. Extra Upload(if I have time): Wednesdays. I will post this schedule on my profile.

P.S This story is NOWHERE near done.

Watch the video to the side, it's so sad :'(