Chp.16- Time

♫ Hating But Loving One Direction [HBL1D]♫

Chapter 16- Time

I stare in disbelief at the sight of Zayn running across the street from me. I blink a few times, trying to convince my brain that I am imagining things. Once I open my eyes, I was greeted by the terrifying sight of a car zooming towards Zayn.

My mouth opens to scream as my body carry itself onto the middle of the road, with the fantasy that my little limp body could push Zayn out of the way.

Halfway down the road, my whole body tenses as memories rushed back to my brain like a tidal wave. That one faithful night that I lost my memory, and that other night where my parents had lost their soul. Bad news seem to be attracted to me. Like a hot glue gun, it kept on shooting at me, the burning liquid melting my skin and slowly taking bits of me.

Is Zayn going to be taken away,too?

I couldn't let that happen.

Pushing my fears aside, I sprinted across the street, pushing Zayn's stone, cold, body to the gravel sidewalk, and running with all my endurance towards him.

…...

Three more seconds and I could have been dead.

When people think of time, they rarely count the little seconds. However, in this situation, time is as precious as a beating heart. Just like a person enduring cancer. You pray and pray to survive until you realize that time will always beat you to the finish line.

People might not always realize how important time is until the clock's ticking down on them, threatening to make you lose something important.

In those three seconds, I would have lost my life.

And the funny thing is...I wouldn't mind being dead if I know dying means ending all of this bullsh*t that's going on in my life. Although the prospect of dying seems welcoming, the actual reality of it isn't. Getting bury doesn't mean all your troubles will go away. It doesn't mean that people will forgive you for the things you did. It doesn't mean that all your debts has been paid. No, it just means that you have a change to hide from reality and live in a fantasy for a while. But, how long do you think it will take to snap out of your imagination and face the real world.

That's why I silently pray for forgiveness. Forgiveness from my piers, my family, and myself. People never get the heavy feeling off their chest unless they have forgiven themselves for doing the things they did.

The car shriek pass me, with an inch separating us. I can hear God telling me that this isn't my time yet. Accidents after accidents, I still hasn't gotten a chance to leave in that fantasy of the dead.

'Not yet, Anna.'A voice reminds me, telling me to keep on swimming because all of my sins had not been punished yet.

I look over to Zayn, determine to clear things out.

“Zayn?” I call out softly, my voice still recovering from the shock.

He slowly lift his head up, revealing a tiny cuts on his lips, eyebrows, and nose. It looks like he got beaten up by 20 guys who spent all day working out at the gym or smoking weed.

He looks THAT bad.

Although his face looks bad, his body seems worse. His leg is visible due to the fact that he was wearing cargo shorts, revealing an extremely purple bruise and an awkward position. I bent down, moving his knee slightly to see if it is broken.

“You alright?” Zayn asks me, his hazel eyes peering up at my face. From this position, I could see how light his eyes really were. It was a magnificent sight to see. My cheeks crimson at the thought.

'Anna! Focus!'

“Yeah” I replied, look anywhere but at his captivating eyes right now. Apparently, my little trick didn't work since he lift my chin towards him again.

“What?” I ask him, my eyebrows knit in confusion.

“You remember, don't you?” The corners of his lips lit up and so does his eyes when he says that.

I thought over what I should response. My cover has been blown. I could say that I remember bits and pieces but that would just complicate things further. So instead, I told him the truth “Why makes you think I could forget?” I smirk at him playfully. The recent event far from my mind because I think I might just have my one of my best friends back.

He pinch my cheeks teasingly, smiling that beautiful shy smirk of his. I can see why girls are so attracted to Zayn.

Although Zayn didn't have Harry's dimples, Niall's charisma, Louis's sense of humour, or Liam's mature ways, he did have that shyness about him that draws people towards him.

I smile back at him in gratitude, with a little sadness since I know that he will always be considered my brother, nothing more than that. It wasn't what he wants, but it is the only thing I can offer him.

Zayn must have notice the sadness in my smile, “Spit it out.” He commanded, sitting upright.

“Friendship...that's the only thing I can offer.” I clear it up, hoping he would understand.

“Friendship...accepted.” Zayn smiles up at me. I grin back, knowing fully that he would never give up trying to woo me, even as a friend.

That's Zayn for you. Shy, unique, handsome, easy to talk to, and such a girl.

I squeeze his cheeks, and he whines to prove that he is...in fact...more girly than me.

I laugh out loud, but quickly cover my face so that he wouldn't suspect that I just call him a girl in my brain.

However, my cover didn't last long since he knew my weakness...being tickle.

That was how we made a bad memory into a good one.

Somehow a nearly death experience had lifted a part of the heaviness in my chest. I just need to know how to lift the rest of it.

'You already knows how to.' My brain answers to me as I was being tickled by Zayn, in the middle of the sidewalk, drenching with rain, and heart beating nervously for the future.

Before I've met One Direction, I didn't know the importance of love, friendship, memories and...time. But thanks to them, I've learn each one.

Although each lesson was a painful one, I still learned it, and that's what matters.

People say time really heals wounds, and I truly believe in that now that I've been through all this. So push away all negativity and have a brighter future before time runs out. Time is a gift, don't waste it.

A/N: This chapter was a lot of wise advice and not a lot of events. The next chapter will have a lot happening though, so stay tune! This chapter was for those TEAM ZAYN people, are you happy now? :D

My new updating schedule is posted on my profile :), in case you didn't get the message yet.

Send me banners, covers, emails, or just random stuff at xlovehurtsx@yahoo.com.

Picture to the side is a banner of Zayn & Annabelle. (facebook external link)