29| We are done

Peter's pov.

"I swear if you got up from that chair one more time, I'm going to send you back to the Med Bay." I freeze at Mr Stark's sharp voice and turn to the man himself, my eyes lingering over the unusually stressed out face that he was trying to hide with his sass. He was completely normal yesterday, just his normal snarky self but, today, there's something odd.

I push my observations towards the back of my mind as the man continued to give me an annoyed look. "I was just coming to show you this," I explain, pointing towards the paper in my hand and he sighs. "Leave that and come here." He says and points towards the chair beside him, a smile forms upon my face at the thought of being able to see him work, it was the best part no matter what.

I do as told and turn to the hologram screen in front of him. It showed the side-wall of the lab and my eyebrows furrow in confusion, not able to understand what Mr Stark was trying to do. I stare at the familiar plain wall before turning around. My gaze falls upon the suit collection in the right corner of the lab and then to the plain wall in front of it.

My eyes widen in understanding, it was the suit's view, he was installing a record system in the suits? I turn to him, "It's the suit's view, isn't it?" I ask my doubt and he nods in confirmation. "Why are you installing cameras in the suits?"

"In simple words, you need proofs in front of the officials in this business, kid. This," He says pointing towards the screen. "This is proof." I slowly nod my head, still wrapping my head around the newfound information.

"Sir, Ms Potts is approaching." Mr Stark's head snaps towards the entrance and I follow his lead and watch the said woman step into the lab. The clicking of her heels echoes in the large lab as she walks towards us, "Please don't tell me you guys skipped breakfast as well as lunch." I take a quick glance at my wristwatch and my eyes widen on knowing how late it has been. 3:21 pm...

I remain silent just as Mr Stark does and Ms Potts heaves a tired sigh. "I'll take that as a no. Gosh, Tony, he is turning into you." She exclaims, giving me a pointed stare and I sharing into my seat. "I'm barely dealing with a single Stark, how am I supposed to deal with two?" She mumbles, frustration evident in her voice.

"Get out of this lab and eat before I send Natasha." She warns, making me and Mr Stark exchange glances, his face mirroring the same hesitant expression as mine before we are both out of our seats making Ms Potts smirk.

*************************************************

"Peter, for hell's sake, get your ass back to the couch." I groan at Ms Romanoff's sharp voice but comply by sitting beside a snickering Mr Barton as I give him an annoyed look which simply makes him laugh even more.

"Where's Rogers?" Mr Stark asks before sitting on the couch in front of me. "He got some call." Mr Barton answers before Mr Wilson enters with sandwiches in both his hands. I hold back a laugh on noticing the apron he was wearing, a baby pink apron with a cupcake pattern covering it.

"Not a word, you understand?" He gives me a sharp look, handing me my sandwich and I nod hurriedly. "Wow, Uncle Sam, you look cute." The laugh I was desperately holding finally escapes followed by others at Ms Maximoff's remark and Mr Wilson groans loudly.

Ms Maximoff suddenly gasps dramatically, "Watch it, Uncle Sam. You know Uncle Steve will seriously disapprove of your vocabulary."

"Get out of my head, you little witch." Mr Wilson says, a playful edge to his tone and I enjoy the exchange just like everyone else in the room. The room suddenly goes silent as everyone takes in the serious look on Mr Roger's face as he approaches the living room. My eyes dart towards Mr Stark and back to Mr Rogers and I shudder at the light tingling at the back of my neck.