16| Full house

Peter's pov.

"Imma throw this pan at you!"

I launch out of my bed at the loud yelling coming from downstairs. I rub my eyes in confusion, still feeling hazy but the loud voices make it a bit challenging to sleep again.

Wait, loud yelling?

I look around the room and notice that I'm at the tower and then the incidents of previous day dawn upon me. I groan in embarrassment at the hazy memories.

I cried in front of Mr Stark! Oh gosh!

"How could you not know the difference between mint and coriander you idiot!" Another yell echoes and I frown at the ridiculous remark.

What the actual hell!

I get out of the bed, feeling a bit weird. I can smell something burning downstairs and hear the low sound of Mr Stark talking on his mobile somewhere. I turn to the study table in the corner and gasp in shock when I notice that I can see small dust particles on the wood from such a distance.

What?

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and get out of the room. The voices get louder, making me wince but I continue towards the living room. I follow the voices to the kitchen and notice Ms Romanoff standing in the corner of the kitchen, lightly rubbing her forehead with a frustrated look on her face, as the two men argue continuously.

"I will shoot you both if you didn't shut the hell up right now." She threatens lowly and the two men turn to her making it easier for me to identify them. I stare in shock at the two superheroes.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier...

"Nat, he is a dumbass!" Mr Wilson complains making Mr Barnes frown at him. "You wanna say that to the metal arm?" Mr Barnes challenges.

"That's enough! Shut up." Ms Romanoff scolds the men and they do as they are told making me snicker at the entire situation. I hear light taps of shoes coming from the other side before Ms Romanoff and the other two men turn in my direction.

She starts to speak but is cut off when I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn to see Mr Stark staring at the three people with a frown etched on his face. "Do you idiots have any idea how loud you people were? I had to explain to a board member that I am not enjoying some street fight."

"And you managed to wake the kid up, I'm so tempted to slap you both." Ms Romanoff continues and I feel bad that the two men were getting scolded because of me. I speak up in their defence, "It's no problem Ms Romanoff, I was up anyway."

Mr Barnes gives me a small smile while Mr Wilson stares at me with curiosity. "You are supposed to be in bed, young man." Mr Stark says sternly making me pout. I turn to the two men, trying to change the topic. "Why were you both arguing?" Mr Wilson tries to start but shuts up when Ms Romanoff gives him a cold glare.

"Don't even get them started, Pete. Apparently, these two grown-ass men can't cook a freaking spaghetti." I chuckle at Ms Romanoff's response and Mr Stark rolls his eyes beside me. "I can help." I offer only to be cut short by Mr Stark. "No, you are still away."

"But-" I start to argue but everyone jumps in surprise when a loud boom of lightning echoes. Ms Romanoff looks at Mr Stark. "Jarvis?" Mr Stark asks and gets an immediate reply from the A.I.

"Sir, I am detecting two heat signatures on the roof." Everyone frowns and Mr Stark turns to us. "I'll go and check what's going on." He says summoning his Ironman gauntlet and I stare at it in awe. "I'll come with you." Ms Romanoff exclaims.