11| Intros and Glitter

Peter's pov.

"I guess I owe you an apology for pointing a gun at you." Ms Romanoff says, breaking the silence as I sat with the Avengers in Mr Stark's living room. Everyone except Mr Stark and Dr Banner's head snaps towards her in utter shock.

"I'm sorry, you what?" Mr Rogers yells in surprise and Ms Romanoff ignores him efficiently as she continues to stare at me. "Oh no, it's completely fine, ma'am."

"That's an amazing way to start a conversation, Nat." Mr Stark quips and Dr Banner snicker beside me. "No, hold on. What did she just say?" Mr Barton says as he blinks his eyes. "And, I get it why Stark isn't fazed by it but Bruce, why aren't you surprised?"

"Well, unlike you, I am pretty attentive." Dr Banner says and I push my inner fanboy down. "Get over it." Ms Romanoff snaps at Mr Barton and Mr Rogers making them both sink into there seats while I try to bite back a smile.

"Where are your manners, people? There is something called introductions." Mr Stark says before standing up from his place on the comfy couch.

"Didn't you flip off the vice president the other day?" Mr Barton asks him and Mr Rogers frown beside him. "Real mature, Stark." Mr Rogers grumble making Ms Romanoff shake her head in annoyance while Mr Stark rolls his eyes.

I stand up and go to stand beside Mr Stark, feeling awkward when I notice that none of the adults in the room was sitting. Mr Stark places his hand on my back before we walk towards Mr Rogers. "Over here, we have Capsicle," He says gesturing towards the man himself as he returns an annoyed look.

I feel the urge to bounce in excitement as Mr Rogers extend his hand towards me to shake with a friendly smile. "Cap-Captain, big fan.." I stammer awkwardly and he shakes my hands. "Nice to meet you, son."

I'm never going to wash my hand! But..it'd be kinda gross, I'll see...

"But, I'm sure you prefer Ironman, right, kid?" Mr Stark asks me and I feel myself panic a bit as I stand between him and Mr Rogers. Of course, I like Ironman more, just a tad bit, maybe. But, I stay silent, afraid, I would offend Mr Rogers. "I, uh.." I trail before Mr Stark cuts me off. "You know what, kid? I don't wanna know. I'm just gonna pretend what I want."

He moves on to Mr Barton, "Then, we have birdbrain over here." Mr Barton smiles at me which soon turns into a smirk. "Don't you dare turn him over, Barton." Mr Stark says sternly making Mr Barton frown and I simply laugh. "Aw, you are no fun, Tin Can." He grumbles and Mr Stark moves on to Dr Banner.

Holy hell...

"And then there's our lovely Green Guy." Dr Banner gives me a small smile as he fixes his glasses. "Dr Banner, I'm a huge fan of your work! Your books on anti-electron collisions and Gamma Radiations are my absolute favourites! I can't even believe I'm standing in front of you, you're one of the greatest scientists of our generation and your lecture on the quantu-" I stop abruptly on hearing Mr Stark clear his throat beside me.

My eyes widen in embarrassment when I notice Dr Banner looking at me with a shocked expression as Mr Barton snickers into his hand while Ms Romanoff smiles softly at me. "I-I am so sorry, I didn't mean to, it ju-"

"Calm down, kiddo. I'm sure Banner doesn't mind, right?" Mr Stark turns to Dr Banner for confirmation and I look at the scientist with uncertainty.

I just had to mess this up!

"No, No, not at all. I'm actually quite impressed. I look forward to working with you someday, Peter."

"Uh, no, you don't get to steal my kid." Mr Stark says with a small frown on his face and then he turns to me and points his finger to me. "And, you. You do not get to ditch me, got that, kiddo?" He says in mock anger making everyone chuckle.