2| The Parker Family.

Peter's pov.

"Dude! What do you prefer? France or Germany." Ned's voice fills the silent library. I turn towards MJ to confirm we didn't disturb her. Disturbing MJ, while she is reading, is basically asking for a deathwish. Ned notices my actions and then continues more quietly. "So? What do you think?"

"It's obviously France! They gave us such amazing things, like french toast!" I say with a grin. It was the one thing Aunt May could make without burning the entire building down.

Ned mirrors my grin. "And french fries!" He adds excitedly.

"Yeah, the Guillotine too." We stare at MJ dumbfounded as her eyes remain stuck to her book. Me and Ned look and each other and shrug.

"Losers..." MJ mutters just before the bell rings signalling the end of the last class.

"All the best idiots, we've got a test waiting for us." I look at her confused. It is Wednesday today, meaning, we had Decathlon practice today. We don't have tests in the practice.

"But, it's Decathlon?" Ned questions, confirming that he is just as confused as I am. We both stare at her for some answer.

"It's for the Stark Internship losers. It's a paid internship, might be helpful in your case, Parker. You got the brains after all." I look at her, confused if I should be offended or thankful.

"Wait! How did you even know about it?" I ask, followed by Ned's sound of agreement. All we got for the answer was a shrug.

Does she work for the FBI or what?

We quickly run towards MJ after grabbing the books and make it to the hall before Mr Harrington making MJ sigh in annoyance. My gaze runs around the class and fall on Flash and catches his eyes making his lips turn into a devious smirk.

Gosh, Kill me already!

"Oh look people! Puny Parker finally made it!" I sigh in irritation but I see MJ's jaw clench. "Piss off, Eugene!" Fury flashes before his eyes as his palms form fists but he sucks it up, knowing, he stands no match against MJ. She is way out of his league.

"Alright children! We have got something on our hands today." We all turn towards Mr Harrington as he enters with a stack of papers in his hands. My eyes snap towards MJ who smirks in return. "The Stark Industries is organising an open competition for a paid internship program. It's a national competition and only fifteen students will be selected for the said program."

This can help Aunt May, the internship is paid, if I manage to get in, I can finally help her. The past few weeks had been a mess, with May losing her job due to her company going bankrupt, she has been barely keeping us afloat.

"Take your seats, everyone. You have two hours on your hands, so, do your best."

We do as we are told and soon enough all of us have the set of papers in our hands. My eyes skim through the paper. The question paper was pretty cleverly designed, with each question's difficulty level increasing but the questions that caught my attention were the last two. The only questions that were asked in the most casual language possible, yet the most interesting ones.

Explain the working behind Tony Stark's arc reactor.

List the maximum possible sources of Gamma Radiations.

Seems like this is going to be fun...

************************

"Time's Up!" Mr Harrington's booming voice startles me as I finish answering the last question. "This is absolute bullshit! What sort of questions are these?" I hear Flash whining like a baby. The paper was tough, there was no denying it. But, it was fun nonetheless. So, who am I to complain.

"Shut it, Eugene." Mr Harrington snaps at him and Flash huffs in response. "The results will be announced tomorrow. So you can leave now."

I quickly grab my books and make my way towards Ned and MJ. "I'm guessing, it went well?" MJ asks with a small smirk to which I nod excitedly making both of them smile as we tread down the almost empty halls.

"You failing miserably is going to be the highlight of my week, Parker!" Flash exclaims as he shoves me and laughs.

"That's pitiful, Eugene," MJ says calmly making Flash roll his eyes and leave us alone.

She's a freaking Queen!

Ned and I exchange a look knowing exactly what each of us thought. "Shut up, losers!" MJ suddenly exclaims.

"We didn't say anything!" Ned defends, making me snicker a bit.

"You were thinking, it's annoying." She replies making both of our heads snap towards her. "Did you just quote Sherlock Holmes??" The two of us yell in unison.

"Later, losers!"

"Alright dude, See you tomorrow." Ned says and we do our 'super cool' handshake and part our ways.

"Hello Gerald, Could mother not make it?" I hear Flash's voice as I walk down the parking lot. The statement makes me frown. The Flash I know is never sad and yet here he was, sounding almost defeated. If teasing me makes his pent up disappointment release then maybe I can handle it after all.

**************************

It's quarter past seven when the lock of the apartment's front door jiggles announcing Aunt May's arrival and making me all giddy. The door opens and I jump out of the couch and hug Aunt May tight as she ruffles my hair and places a small kiss on my forehead.

"Missed me that much, huh?" She says as she puts her purse on the table.

"How couldn't I?" She smiles as she sits down and pats at the space beside her, signing me to sit with her. I lay down instead and put my head on her lap as she starts playing with my hair making me sigh in contentment.

"So, tell me about your day."

That's all I needed before I start rambling about everything from the test to Flash's statement and my thoughts about it. She frowns when I start talking about Flash but let me finish nonetheless. "You are an amazing kid, Pete. But, remember, you are not responsible for carrying everyone's burden, Pete. It's not your job."

"But, I just wanna help!" I whine in response making may chuckle.

"I know, Peter. I know. You get that from your father."

"Get some Sleep, Pete. I larb you." She smiles and I mirror her expression.

"I larb you too, Aunt May" And just like that, I fell asleep with the feeling of Aunt May's finger untangling my curls. The feeling of being loved.