Second Person, Thirteen

You've got a new friend around here. Her name is Callie Torres and she is an orthopedics resident. She's new and she's nice and extremely funny. And she saw you crying and she volunteered even to climb over a wall to join you.

You ask Callie about Meredith Grey's dog's bone cancer because she knows ortho. She says Doc probably will not survive, and that she has to go tell her that soon.

You say you're sorry. She says she is too.

She doesn't ask why you care about Meredith Grey's dog, because she tells you she always feels like an outsider to their little friend group.

You explain the five of them have been together as Bailey's residents since day one so that might never change, but that you need a friend, too so you two can be there for each other if she wants to, of course. And Callie says sure you can be there for each other. And just like that, you're friends.

Callie asks for the 'lay of the land', like who is single and not, because she is. You tell her that Mark Sloan is single, and so is George O'Malley, and you're not sure about Cristina Yang or Izzie Stevens because they seem to have something potentially going on with Preston Burke and Alex Karev, respectively.

She looks at you like she's shocked you mentioned women, and you tell her you just wanted to be inclusive and that you weren't judging either way.

Callie doesn't ask more questions about that, because she doesn't seem to know what to say. You get the vibe that she's also in the closet like you are, but either way you don't ask her, and she doesn't ask you if you are 'like that', either.

So you just have lunch together, because there's nothing more to do or say. Eventually you tell her that Mark Sloan is decent at sex, and she says she'll keep it in mind, while also she'll investigate more into George.

She doesn't ask how you know about Mark Sloan's sex skills, and you're not sure if this is a good thing or not. It means she might not know you were/are married and cheated. But it also means you'll have to explain that at some point later on.

You hope Callie will still be your friend once she leans you're a slut.

Actually you're more worried she will still be your friend once she finds out you're gay.

Either way, you have lunch and it's nice and she has to tell Meredith Grey that her dog is probably definitely going to die, which Mer already knows, but you can imagine it will still hurt.

You want to ask Callie to come with her while she breaks the news to Meredith, in case Grey needs a shoulder again. But you don't. Because she would probably rather lean on Callie, than you again, you figure.

And so Callie leaves then, and idly, you think to yourself, that if you weren't so smitten with the young and blonde intern, and if Callie is really bi like you hypothesize that she is, then the two of you, at least in theory, might have maybe made a decent couple. You theorize that if you weren't so in love with Meredith Grey already, then maybe you could have made a go at it all.

You're not sure if that's better or worse than just being alone, but it doesn't matter, because Callie isn't openly gay anyway. And neither are you, either, for that matter.

-Addison Montgomery

In her personal diary. With a purple pen this time, borrowed from the new friend Callie Torres. It's a really nice color.

****** END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Other Author's Note:

Well, here we go again :).

Addison has a friend, finally.

And glad you liked the last McDoc chapter.

bobbiejelly

And of course, onto the dedications:

Ao3:

LordOfLezzies you are the MVP for commenting on EVERY CHAPTER! Thanks to Arahneia for the lovely words and Also, of course, thanks to AddisonAddek and LordOfLezzies, all on Ao3

AddisonAddek for wanting more and commenting (a heck-ton) today, plus LordOfLezzies (also, because you're super) and Hotgitay who commented on Chapter 1.

Arahneia, AddisonAddek, Dragoncatcher123, LordofLezzies, and Hotgitay as well as 1 guest left kudos on this work! 78 hits so far. 50 comments.

Fanfiction:

smountain for the lovely review. 226 views.

Wattpad:

Comments and suggestions from naylorholby always make my day.

Thanks for the most WONDERFUL shout-out comment from JordynMarie05. 

myfairlilymunster for the comments. 153 reads, 12 comments, and 54 stars.

danielaperezsurga , JordynMarie05 , Unicornbaby78 , myfairlilymunster , outlawqueenpercabeth , naylorholby, AddisonAddek , and probably some others who don't show up on my phone, voted on this, thanks.

Also THANKS to everyone else who reads this someday, and to a friend in 'real-life' who beta'ed this for me. Much love.

Ps. Reccomending reading Soothe today if you want to check that out because there's a new chapter 15 of that posted now!

bobbiejelly