somebody like you (f)

Eddie was laying in his bed with his arm in the cast on his lap. He had been reading and rereading his books. he had already counted his pills and organized them and his inhalers. He had a rhythm in his room. He read, sketched, cleaned, and organized mostly.

He was trying to push away what had happened yesterday with the losers. He felt bad. He hated how he had been dragged away from his only friends. He had seen all of his friends' faces when he had been dragged away with his arm in so much pain. He had heard he mom call Beverly dirty. He had heard her yelling at all of them before getting in the car and driving him to the hospital.

He already missed them.

Not that he wanted to go back to trying to fight It or find Georgie. He was gone. Bill didn't want to believe that. He couldn't believe it. Eddie had tried to be understanding. Bill had been his first and only friend for years until they'd met the others.

He had been so grateful for the friends and now they might never talk to him again. They probably hated him for not sticking up to his mom for them, not defending himself or them. He had always been bad at confrontation and intimidating things.

Right then, he had been remembering how he had fallen through the floor running from the leper. Then, he had been sure he was going to die in that moment. He had luckily managed to walk away from that thing after having Its bigtoothed mouth an inch away from Eddie's face. It hadn't been luck. It hadn't ever been luck. It had always been his friends protecting him, mostly Richie. Speaking of, he had been sketching for a couple hours and only just realized he had been sketching Richie.

He had been a sobbing mess while being nearly killed by It. Thankfully, Richie and Bill had come to the rescue. He could remember Richie yelling his name and, after being taunted by It, they'd run to help Eddie, who was already in the most physical pain he had ever been in before. He was sitting against the wall with Richie and Bill on each side, holding onto him. Ben, Mike, and Stan were standing on the other side of the room in shock, staring at It, who clawed the holy shit out of Ben before making a run for it. Eddie definitely didn't mind all the times Richie had clung to him when bad things happen, when he wanted to protect him. Eddie hated feeling so damn vulnerable all the time. He was utterly useless. He couldn't help them kill It ever anyway.

Tap. Tap.

What the fuck? That sounded like stones on his window. He made a tiny noise as he stood up slowly walking towards the window. He entirely expected It, but he saw what appeared to be Richie. He gave him a look.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair," Richie joked quietly with a tiny smirk up at him. Eddie looked down from the window at him.

"I don't know if you're even the real Richie... Also, if are real, what do you expect me to do to get you up here? I have no hair?" Eddie questioned, still staring at him. He didn't think he was It, but he had been wrong before. He sighed. He might regret this. "My mom's at work for a couple more hours. I'll come down."

He did come down, getting a bit wet from the sudden rainstorm. When he moved, his entire arm burned. He let out a tiny hiss of pain and Richie looked down at him with his worried eyes behind those bigass glasses.

"You okay?" Richie asked after they'd walked in to sit on his bed. Eddie sneered lightly.

"Never better, Rich," he retorted and he remembered he had his sketchbook out on his bed with the sketches of Richie just open for anyone to see. He blushed slightly and leaned over to immediately slam it closed.

"Sorry, I was just worried. Obviously, only because I want your mom to like me," he explained, gazing down at Eddie. He pushed up his glasses. The shorter boy was shivering from that damn rain. Richie noticed and shook his head. He went to go get a towel from Eddie's bathroom closet. he had been there enough to know that much. The taller boy brought him a towel and sat beside him to start gently drying him off. "How much does it hurt? Is there anything I can do?"