still his favorite (f)

she bends her head,
"don't feel so bad, rich," she says softly,
"you're still his favorite."

★ 彡 RICHIE LOVED the snow

★ 彡 RICHIE LOVED the snow. he loved the cold, sure, but the snow just made him want to curl up and sleep, but there's shit to be done outside! snowmen! snowball fights! snow angels! hot cocoa at the kaspbrak's! beverly making a fire pit! watching the snow fall down on eddie's hair and being the one to swat it off!

see, a cold snow day means a great day.

also, there's this ongoing tradition with the losers— and boy, has richie been working his ass off for it. when snow first falls, eddie, their resident mother hen and knitting extraordinaire, will bestow upon one of them a knitted production of his own, if eddie thought they weren't as much of a jerk than they actually were for the year. bill was two years ago, and mike was last year.

he shoves on a parka over his thick, bright red sweater, some mismatched mittens, and put on his shoes, making for the door before his mother could catch a glimpse of him, his breath coming out in thick, white puffs as he bursts outside. his cheeks immediately pink and prickle, making him laugh as he runs for his bike, before pedalling off to the kaspbrak's. he catches mike on the way there, the bright yellow scarf eddie made for him wrapped proudly around his neck, and richie snorted at him, but mike only stuck his tongue out.

"you jealous, trashmouth?" he asked as they pedalled to the kaspbraks, richie scrunching his nose at the accusation.

"i'll have you know that i'm certain i'll be the one he's making something for. it was coloured red and blue for fucks sake! that's our colours!" richie rants, and mike looked sympathetic for a second, his eyebrows furrowing in a way that made him look like an asshole from the casino, but he quickly schooled his features into a kinder one, giving richie a mocking smirk.

"don't be so sure," they made a sharp left straight for the kaspbraks, "he might think red and blue looks good on me."

richie made an affronted noise, "shut up! you got yours last year ,"

beverly pedalled up to them, her wild red hair tucked underneath a ratty looking beanie, her cheeks already red as she stood on her bike, pedalling casually.

"hey guys," she said breathlessly, and richie wanted to snort at her, but didn't, because she has scarily accurate aim even when on a bike. she seemed excited to be going to the k's, and even if she's just new to the group, eddie loved her to bits and pieces. not that eddie didn't love all of them, but richie is sure that eddie loves him a metric fuckton more.

the ugly green house with wide windows make richie smile as they bike up to it, ben, stan and bill already on the porch, in their hands cups of cocoa that made richie jealous, for some reason.

well, there was a time when it was just him and eddie on the roof tiles just outside his window, drinking hot cocoa from a thermos and looking up at the night sky, but now, they're a whole family, but richie can't help but just feel... bitter. he'd almost say it's like having a baby sibling and competing for mommy's attention, but that'd sound fucking stupid and that's one thing richie tozier isn't. he's not fucking stupid.