pharmacy pills (f)

E.K POV
I yawned as I entered the pharmacy, stepping into the fifth aisle, knowing the structure more than anyone in the world, considering I came about every week for medication.

The fifth aisle lead perfectly to the counter, of which I would ask Greta Bowie and she would give me my pills after calling me insults I would not repeat to anyone.

But today was different. A boy with black curls stood behind the counter, a cigarette fixed to his lips, looking at nothing in particular. He has black glasses which kind of ruined his bad boy get up he was trying so hard to complete, but I couldn't help but blush.

I made it to the counter, a looked up at him, but he didn't seem to notice me right in front of my face.

I grabbed the little bell on the counter and hit in multiple times, in which he blinked a few times, looking at me with red, puffy eyes.

"What?"

"I need my meds."

He yawned, still not looking at me. Somehow in the same moment, I hated him, but yet loved him.

"Name?"

"Eddie. I should be on the list." I said and pointed to my name on a piece of paper.

Finally he looked at me, and his eyes widened a bit, which seemed a little confusing on my part. "What?" I asked, but he walked away to get my pills.

"Nothin',"

"RICHIE!" I heard and immediately flinched. He looked over at his boss, hiding the cigarette behind his back.

"Yes sir?" He replied, which was adorable in my view, as he looked up at his boss with fearful eyes.

"Are you smoking?!"

"No, sir."

Then he looked over at me. "Was he smoking?"

I answered with a "no" immediately, not really knowing what I was getting myself into.

The boss finally brushed him off and walked out of the room into the back. Richie grabbed my pill bottle and brought it over to me.

He smiled, the cigarette hanging from his chapped lips. "Thanks, Eds."

I grabbed my pills. "You should know it's bad to smoke." I replied, completely ignoring his nickname for me.

"Does it look like I care?" He replied, letting out a blow in my face. I coughed, scolding him.

"No, but if I die from second hand smoking you better care."

Before he could say more, I turned around, hearing him chuckling, and walked out of the pharmacy.

I looked down at my pills, looking them over. Over the information, written sloppy, was a number.

I grinned, clutching the bottle harder in my hand.

a u t h o r s . n o t e
it's kinda short but i like it