Story Mode 88: Forever and Always

Start from the beginning

707: Wait.

707: What are our odds?

Jumin: 90% for disarming the bomb in time.

Jumin: 75% Y/n's father is okay.

Jumin: Each of these are decreasing by 1% with each second wasted on this call.

707: But I have to know...

707: What are Sae- Ray's odds for Y/n being safe?

Jumin: *sigh*

707: The longer we talk, the more our chances decrease, don't they. Tell me.

Jumin: If you insist...

Jumin: I'd say approximately 2.7369%

707: ........

Jumin: *sigh*

Jumin: Get to the D wing now. Get here and save the people that only you can.

Jumin: Now.

~~ End of Call ~~

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Both young and old rush past Saeran, pushing in the opposite direction. Doctors, nurses, and even a few of Jumin's guards rush to manage the crowd, but fear riles the swarms of patients up into a disorganized mess. Saeran however, resists the tug of the maddening emotion. He fights it down and clears his head. He navigates the busy halls not wasting a second.

Just as a nurse rushes by with an older man in a wheel chair, Saeran ducks out of the way and pulls out his phone without slowing his trajectory towards Y/n. She still hasn't responded to his texts. He shoves the device to the bottom of his pockets. You have a goal. Focus. Just like he did in the alley. Just like she did for him in his dump of a childhood home. He will make it there in time. He will. Because he has to.

Saeran jumps up the last stair and throws open the door to Y/n's floor. He hesitates for the first time. It's too quiet. There are no babies crying. No squeaking of wheel chairs. No shouting of concerned doctors. No stomping of feet against the cold floor. He can't even hear the labored breath of a still healing patient. Nothing. He can hear nothing.

Only when he turns the corner down the hallway to Y/n's room does he realize why. Jumin's guards, all dressed in their identical black suits, lay sprawled across the ground. Unmoving. No visible wounds, but no obvious signs of life. Saeran pushes himself forward, ignoring the faces of other patients and the few doctors on the level that lay unconscious. The number of doctors had been limited to help protect Y/n. Saeran doesn't want to think of whether it helped or hurt the situation. He doesn't want to regret his choices and wonder what he could've done better. He pushes the two guards away from the front of Y/n's door with a solid kick. He just wants to see her smiling face. He just wants to hear her voice. To hug her. To have her tell him that everything is okay. To tell her how much he loves her and how worried he was.

Saeran turns the door knob. And immediately, his heart plummets. Y/n's bed is empty and unmade. Red stains the sheets and the bright liquid is smeared across the floor. Bile rises in Saeran's throat. His body is cold, everything stiff. He stumbles into the room. Her phone is cracked and discarded on the floor and Nunsseob is missing from the foot of her bed. "Y/n...?" His fingers graze the red liquid on the floor. It's warm. Maybe because he too has it flowing through his veins or maybe it's just a lucky strike of intuition, but Saeran can tell. His fingers quiver and his vision becomes blurred with tears, a rock setting in the back of his throat. He can tell. Clear as day. This blood... it belongs to Y/n.

"Y/n... Y/n!" Saeran crumples to the floor. He was too late. He was too goddamn late. His head falls into his hands, his fingers knitting tightly into his hair. He's just about to pull when— 'Don't cry, Saeran.' He whips his head up and out of his hands. Only when his tears land on his opened palms does he realize that he has indeed been crying. 'I love you, so so much.'

His fists clench and he hisses as he brings his knuckles down against the hard flooring time and time again. The sting of the physical pain does nothing to distract him. A wail roars through his throat. "I failed you, Y/n! I failed you!"

'Won't you say that thing to me? Those three words that make me feel all fuzzy inside?'

The words fall from his lips automatically, "I love you." He sits up and folds in arms across his stomach tightly. "I love you. I love you, Y/n."

'I like that one too, but this time, I want to hear the other one. Think back. It's the last three words you said to me.'

The words pop back into his mind as if they just slipped off his tongue moments before. His heart pounds in his chest again and he finds the strength to stand on his feet. A rope sways lightly outside of the window. It only deepens his determination. Saeran will find the bastards that dared to mess with Y/n. And he'll save her no matter what. He's not going to give up. Never. "Wait for me."

'Forever and always.'

───────────〔✿〕───────────