"What does that have anything to do with me? Most people don't even know about our marriage." I stated, getting up from the stool and walking around the table. I stopped by the window and stared out at the three houses. One of the houses was little grandma's. I could see her sitting in her garden by her roses.

I couldn't see Walid's house since my room was by the back. It annoyed me because I had waited for his curtains to open for two long days. I just wanted to see a glimpse of him. To make sure he was alright.

"Still, I'm scared you will end up in the middle of everything." Dania sighed. "I overheard that guy with the navy suit, talking to the blonde guy."

"You mean Pasha and Isak? What were they talking about?" I asked, turning around to face her.

"About the things I told you, they are planning a lot of things against Mikael. I can't even talk about it..." She said, her voice breaking at the end. I watched her carefully and felt my heart sink. If Dania was scared, the situation was serious and dangerous for sure. "They were also very mad. Apparently Walid had worn that bulletproof vest because he was going with them later that day to some kind of training, I didn't really understand what kind of training but they said God saved him that day, like always."

My heart did a faint jump as the thought about what would happen if he hadn't planned on going to that training, took over my mind. I composed myself and tried to stay positive as I walked up to her. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly. "Don't worry about it, please." I said, not wanting to lie by saying that everything was going to be okay.

"I'm worried about you." She said, pulling back.

"Don't be, I will be alright." I forced a smile and gave her a reassuring nod.

She watched me for a moment before nodding in defeat. "If you say so."

"I know so. As long as I have the friends that I have, I can get through anything." I chirped, making her cringe.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." She let out and both of us laughed at her lack of emotions. That was Dania for you. She cared the most but showed very little emotions. Even to her closest ones.

Maybe like Walid.....

"Jasmin!" I flinched when the door to my room suddenly swung open. I watched Raina as she stood by the doorway and let out heavy breaths, like she had ran up the stairs to my room.

Both Dania and Raina had arrived together at my house almost an hour ago. I had heard them mention how they were craving my handmade dessert. I had then decided to bake it for them. However, I had noticed I was out of some ingredients which then Raina offered to go to the shop nearby and get.

She was finally back and I could see from her expression that there was something she needed to share with me. "What's wrong?" I asked, walking closer to her.

"The curtains!" She said while panting heavily, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Curtains opened." She added, pointing behind her.

It didn't take long before I understood what she meant and a wide smile spread across my face. My feet automatically moved and I exited the room through the door.

I felt my heart beat faster as panic took over me. I didn't understand how it was possible to feel nervous, excited, scared, angry and happy all at the same time. It felt like I would burst with emotions.

I managed to find my way to the stairs leading to the terrace and I hastily stepped upstairs. I pushed open the doors and stepped barefoot into the terrace. The burning hot sun had heated up the floor, making my feet almost burn as I ran towards the white stone railing.