Chapter 14

Four days passed in a blur with me being at home mostly. My two friends, Dania and Raina had visited me on the first day of me returning home. I was thrilled to finally get to see them again.

The first few minutes of our meeting had been peaceful and heartwarming, until Dania informed she had to teach Walid a lesson for 'abducting' me for a whole week.

One of Dania's traits was that she could be a bit too overprotective. She had always been the one not to be scared fighting a guy that had misbehaved with me or glanced at me a few times more than necessary.

Which was why a few days ago she wanted to do the same with Walid. I obviously warned her against it. She was a strong and careless girl.....but I'm sure she wouldn't last even two seconds in front of Walid.

My other friend Raina was the complete opposite of Dania. She was very calm and collected and she was the one who always gave me the best advice. Raina also had a eighteen years old sister, Zaina, who was also a friend of mine.

I had known the two sisters since I was around five and we were all very close friends.

However, even if they were closest to me out of all my friends, they still didn't know the whole truth about my relationship with Walid.

In fact, no one knew except my family and his friends.

The first day I had arrived home, my father had announced I was not allowed to tell anyone about the marriage. No one was supposed to know. It had obviously been Walid's orders.

When I first arrived home, I had a lot of question swirling in my mind. Most of them were directed at my father. But I had decided to wait with the questions because I wanted to enjoy the little peace that I had when I returned back to where I belonged.

I still didn't understand though, why Walid didn't want anyone to find out about us being married.

Maybe because our marriage was already broken...

There was another question that had been stuck in my mind and was on repeat again and again, making me restless.

Would we get a divorce?

It had indeed barely been two weeks since we got married. Was it even possible to get a divorce in such short time?

Walid was probably already preparing for the divorce, he probably wanted to get rid of me since he just dumped me back home...

It made my anger boil that because of him, I had to lie to my friends. Telling them lie after lie. I had to hide the fact that I was married and I was about to even get divorced.

It had been very hard for me to even utter those lies and hide the truth from them. I even noticed they got suspicious, probably knowing I was hiding something from.

Fortunately, they didn't push me to tell them.

My eyes suddenly moved to my bag placed in the corner of my room. I hadn't unpacked. I was delaying it day by day, not understanding why I didn't want to even look at the bag.

My mind was slowly recognizing everything that had happened to me the past few weeks. I was slowly accepting and moving on.

The only thing that mattered to me was, I was home with my family now. My family was safe and sound and my life was slowly going to go back to how it was before a specific human entered it.

I would start working in two days, at the beauty salon. Which reminded me of Jalil's offer. I had accepted it without thinking of speaking to my parents first. My parents wouldn't mind, I was almost sure of it.