Chapter 9

Fully dressed and ready, I left my room after praying my morning prayer. The dreadful feeling wasn't leaving my mind since last night.

I had never been as homesick in my life as I was today. I wanted to go home. I couldn't understand what I was doing in this cursed house. It was not my home.

I was supposed to be at home. With my mother, with my father and my little brother.

I felt a tear stream down my face. I was more than homesick and missed my family. I wanted it all to end.

Even though I had a feeling deep down that this was just the beginning....

Last night, the weird emotions I was feeling were scaring me. I didn't know why I was so chill around Walid, after everything he had done to me. I should've hate him, curse him but here I was having fun with him in a river.

My parents were probably missing me so much and my mother's tears were probably not stopping. Yet, I was having fun with the man I should hate.

Me and Walid weren't supposed to be together. He was rude, cold, ruthless and much more.

He kept all his emotions hidden. I would never understand his true intentions towards anything or towards me. I couldn't control his beast. I couldn't live with a man like him. He would crush me into pieces...

I couldn't keep up with him. He rarely conversed with me like a normal human being. He didn't put time or effort in at least trying to ease my worries a little bit.

He always made it worse by treating me like a rag doll. He was being too difficult. Not to forget, he loved to annoy me at any given time.

Instead of taking care of me and asking for forgiveness because of how he forced me into a marriage, he just kept tormenting me.

Sighing, I pushed back the thoughts and tried to come up with a way to get out of here. Maybe I could just talk to him and tell him about my feeling. But, I had been doing that for the past days and he didn't seem to care.

I would try harder this time...

With my mind set, I headed to look for him. I asked Razza about Walid's whereabouts and he informed that he had last seen him at the terrace. I thanked him and left for the terrace.

My steps felt heavy as I forced myself up the stairs. I slid open the glass door to the terrace and stepped inside.

Dressed in a all black formal attire, Walid stood gazing at the sea with his arms crossed.

I cleared my throat once I reached him but he didn't bother acknowledging me. The gesture made me more firm on my decision.

"I need to talk to you." I started.

"You're allowed to say what you have in your heart." He spoke arrogantly.

"I want to understand you." I said after moments of silence. I could see his eyebrows raising suddenly as he turned to me.

He stared at me for a moment before leaning against the railing behind him.

"I'll write a diary, will that work?" He asked.

"Can you take me serious for once?" I asked angrily.

He looked ahead and rubbed his short beard, as if considering what I had said.

"I'll try."

My eyes flared up and I stopped myself from lunging at him. I had learnt my lesson, no more physical abuse. Because it always ended up badly.