CH 1 || Carpet Of Thorns

Start from the beginning

Is it the end, I thought.

******

"Anvi." I heard a vaguely familiar voice. It was not the voice of any of my brothers.

"Anvi." someone shouted shaking me vigorously and I opened my eyes slowly only to find a scared Niharika looking at me.

Niharika is my roommate as well as my only friend.

"Damn you scared me, girl," she said.

Wow! I should be the one who should say it.

"Shouldn't I be the to say it?" I asked sitting up on the bed.

"You were hyperventilating in sleep, I got scared looking at you like that," she said.

"Chill sweetheart, I am not gonna die this soon." I winked at her after that.

Rolling her eyes at me she said, "yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Why are you ready this early?" I asked looking at her attire as she was ready in her formals.

"It's already 8, sweetie, and I am leaving for office."

"What?" I yelled in shock. I had to go a

nd meet my cousin. She will kill me if I reach late.

"Geez! Woman, stop shouting."

I was rushing here and there in search of my clothes. I am clumsy while Niharika is totally contradictory, always an organizer.

After raiding my cupboard for a good 10 minutes I found a perfect outfit. Niharika left for her work informing me that she had kept breakfast for me.

I got ready as fast as I can and ate breakfast in a hurry and ran out after closing the gate. I had to compose myself after being out of the house as I don't like to gather unwanted attention. Introvert traits you can say.

I drove towards the Keepers Cafe where Vritti must be waiting for me to kill me for sure. Vritti is my cousin, my Maasi's daughter. Well her name was Vidya but she changed her name and the reason is still unknown to me. I went inside the cafe and I saw she was smiling looking at her phone. She frowned the moment she laid her eyes on me. I am so dead.

After taking deep breathes I went towards her and sheepishly smiling at her I said, "Hi."

"Bye," she said and got up from her seat. Holding her hand I pulled her back to her seat and apologized,"I am sorry."

"Di, I have been waiting for you for the last half an hour."

"I am sorry, I didn't hear my alarm. I was working late last night."