Chapter 15.

It was the day I was dreading the most, but was glad it finally came. The only reason I was glad it came, was to get it over with. It was the school's homecoming dance, and I couldn't wait for it to be over already. Of course, I was going with Savannah. I was also giving Grace a ride, since she supposedly has a date but won't be coming to pick her up. I've never seen my sister talking to guys, in that manner where she might be interested in them. Whoever this guy is, better know she has an older brother who will protect her no matter what. I've nagged her to tell me who this guy is, but she still won't tell me. She has to tell me though, or we can wait until the dance starts. I'm going to see her with him anyways.

I was done getting ready. I just had to put a tuxedo on, and fix my hair as best as I could. I didn't flatten it down. It was a little spiked up, but not too much. It was a messy look, but it was purposely messy. It looked fine. I walked over to Grace's bedroom, but the door was closed. I knocked on her door, hoping she would answer. We had to leave now. Savannah was already texting me why I was taking so long.

"Grace, are you ready?" I called through the door.

She wasn't answering the door when I was knocking, so I bet she was still getting ready.

"Almost, give me a minute. I just need shoes," she called out. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I'll be down stairs. Please hurry up," I said to her.

I didn't wait for her to answer, I just walked down the stairs. I tried fixing my black tie as best as I could, but I've never really worn a tie before. If I ever did wear a tie, my Mom would fix it for me. I learned how to tie this one on Youtube, and it looks kind of pathetic.

"Hayden, do you need help with your tie?" Mom asked. She got up from the couch, and started to walk towards me.

"Kind of, I guess I haven't fully learned yet," I said amused. Mom fixed my tie, and I smiled at her. It's like she enjoys that I still need her.

"There, perfect. Savannah's one lucky girl," Mom said.

I didn't really smile, just kind of pressed my lips together. Savannah wasn't a lucky girl. I've already cheated on her with Avery, and I feel like I'm not really able to stand her anymore. The little bit of feelings I had for her were going away. I wasn't going to tell my Mom that though.

"Okay, I'm ready. We can leave now," I heard say behind me.

I turned around saw my beautiful baby sister standing there. She wore this red dress. It hugged her figure from her waist up, but it loosened up at the bottom. The hem of the dress stopped above her knees, so it wasn't too short either.

"Grace, you look beautiful sweetheart," Dad said from the couch. "Whose this boy you're going with anyways? You haven't told us."

"She hasn't told me either, Dad. She should realize though that she needs to speak now, because even if she doesn't I'll see him with her tonight," I said to him.

I turned to face Grace, to see if she would cave in to tell me. She rolled her eyes at me, and crossed her arms over her chest. I could tell she still didn't want me to know, but like I said before it's now or never. I'm going to find out either way.

"Fine, I'll say. I just don't need anyone freaking out, especially you Hayden," Grace said pointing at me. I could tell her eyes were full of rage, but she looked nervous too.

"Okay, who is it?" I asked her. This time I crossed my arms over my chest, and I looked at her with a smirk.

"It's Jacob," she said a bit low. She spoke softly, but I was still able to hear what she said.