21

Chaeyoung's POV

My eyes widened at her last sentence. It was for me? I looked at Yeri at the same time she looked at me. Our jaws almost dropped at what we witnessed.

"Am I dreaming, Yeri?" Was that a sudden confession? She loves me? Pft, I don't want to assume. Maybe she loves me as a friend. Yeah, as a friend.

"No you're not." She said and shook her head.

"Shit, what if she sees us here?" I panicked. Wait, why am I panicking? We're only having breakfast here, so what's the big deal? The waiter approached our table with a tray full of food. She smiled when she saw our table and placed the tray down.

"Here are your orders." She said and emptied the tray. The food looked so delicious; 2 big waffles, a side of vegetable salad, scrambled eggs, and a lot of meat.

 The food looked so delicious; 2 big waffles, a side of vegetable salad, scrambled eggs, and a lot of meat

"I knew you'd like the food in this place." Yeri said. I took a sip of the iced chocolate drink that came with it. My eyes widened at how good it was. It was the perfect blend of rich chocolate, and the coldness was just right.

"I love it." I said and started eating. I noticed someone pass behind me, so I unconciously looked at the person. Her figure was familiar, and suddenly, we made eye contact. I saw her eyes widen as she picked up the pace of her feet. She pulled her cap down and quickly exited the restaurant.

Why is she avoiding me? She clearly stated a message in her poem, something like a confession. It seemed like she didn't want to be away from me, but why is she acting like this? I'm so, so confused.

"Hey? Chaeyoung?" I snapped out of my thoughts as Yeri called out my name.

I looked at her cluelessly, "Oh, were you saying something?"

She shook her head and shoved some meat in her mouth. I shrugged my shoulders and ate the rest of my food.

Lisa's POV

As I stepped off the stage, I immediately walked away. It was really hard for me to cite every word in my poem. It's like a hard pill to swallow, knowing that I'm away from the person I love.

I walked past someone familiar, and when I turned around, I saw her looking back at me as our eyes met, and that's when I ran away. Shit. What if she saw my performance?

I quickly turned the engine on and drove away. I reached the basement of our building and parked my car. I stayed inside for a few minutes, thinking what I should do.

I slammed my hand on the steering wheel, frustrated. Telling her that it's for somebody else was useless. Or maybe I should pretend that it wasn't me? Oh, no. I can't do that. I can't lie to her. But what if she didn't see everything? What if they just came in there right after I finished reading my poem? Yeah, right. That's it, Lisa. Think positive. Act cold.

•••

I was waiting for the other trainees to arrive first, but surprisingly, Yeri and Chaeyoung were the first ones to be here. I gulped and pulled out my phone to pretend that I was busy.

"Uhm, Mentor Lisa?" Yeri called out. I looked at her and raised my eyebrow.

"Yes?" I asked. She pointed my phone, "Your phone is upside down."

I panicked but I didn't really show it. I quickly turned my phone and pretended as if nothing happened.

"Where are the others?" Chaeyoung asked. Oh how I missed her voice.

"Jennie unnie said that they're in the elevator right now." Yeri said.

"Charyoung, you can remember the steps, right?" I coldly asked. She hesitated for a moment, but then said yes.

"Can you show me what you remember?" I asked again, in a cold tone. Why does it have to be this way, YG-nim? He's such an asshole.

I played the music and she started dancing. How her body moves... so sexy. Come on Lisa, snap out of it. You're a mentor, for now.

"Okay, good. Remember my tips." I said and she nodded.

Chaeyoung's POV

"Okay, good. Remember my tips." She said coldly. I nodded while trying to hide my dissapointment. Why am I dissapointed?

Why do you have to be so close to me yet you're so hard to reach?