18

Chaeyoung's POV

I was given a free day so I had nothing to do today. They said that I still had to rest for a while. I thought about going out, but that wasn't possible since I didn't have anyone to hang out with. Ah, I know! Lisa!

I got up from the bed and entered Lisa's number that she saved on my phone a week ago.

Me:
hi, lili! can we hang out somewhere?
Sent.

That's strange. She would usually see my messages and reply a minute after that. It's been five minutes, and there's no word from her. Maybe she's training? I looked at the schedule that Kun oppa sent to me. We don't have any sessions from Lisa today. What could she be doing?

I sighed and turned the television on. I played the part that I stopped on last night. I was about to grab some chips from our mini refrigerator but then, my phone buzzed.

lili:
sorry, rosie. i have smth to do.
11:33 AM.

I frowned and wore my slippers. I walked to the kitchen area of our dorm and grabbed the chips from the ref, then transferred them to a bowl with the dip. I went back to bed and placed the bowl on the side table. I grabbed a chip and slowly ate it.

"Doesn't she want to hang out with me?" I mumbled. Someone flashed in my mind and I remembered him giving me his number. I know who to go with!

Me:
oppa, this is chaeng. can we hang out somewhere?
Seen.

Jaehyun:
Of course. I'll pick you up, alright? Wear your cap and mask before you go.

Me:
i'll see u, oppa
Seen.

Jaehyun:
See ya!

Thank God I saved his number. I smiled and ate some of my chips. The only thing I had to do was to wait for him, really. I was already dressed up, ready to hang out with Lisa. But I guess she's really busy. I was expecting her to be the one I'll be hanging out with today, but I guess it's okay. There's some other time anyway.

Jaehyun:
Chaeng, I'm here. Wait for me at the cafeteria.

I read his message and quickly placed the bowl on the side table. I quickly brushed my teeth and grabbed my cap and mask. I wore my shoes and picked up my bag, and I was ready to go.

As I was waiting in the cafeteria, I saw Lisa with someone I'm not familiar with. She looked really happy. My heart ached and I don't know why. So she's the reason why Lisa is busy. It's alright. I get it. I'm not that important to her.

Thoughts filled my mind and the anxiety kicked in.
Someone grabbed my shoulders that made me flinch. I turned around and saw Jaehyun oppa behind me.

"Oppa!" I exclaimed.

"You ready?" He asked. I looked back at Lisa and when I caught her looking at me, she jolted her head to another direction. I sighed and nodded.

"Let's go." He said and I followed him outside. We entered his car and I saw a bouquet of roses in the back seat. I think he saw me looking at the beautiful flowers, a reason for me to feel my face heating up.

"By the way, these are for you. Congratulations on your recovery." He said as he smiled and grabbed the bouquet to give them to me.

"Wear your seatbelt, Chae." He said. I grabbed the strap of the seatbelt and struggled once again to put it on. God damn it, why do these seatbelts always get in my way? Stupid seatbelts.

Jaehyun leaned to me and pulled the strap of the seatbelt. The scene was so familiar, yet the feelings were different. I didn't feel the butterflies nor did I feel my heart beating like crazy.

"Alright, we're all set!" He said and started driving the car.

"Where are we going, oppa?" I asked. He smiled but he was still looking straight ahead.

"You'll like it there, Chae."

Lisa's POV

I felt my heart breaking as I saw Rosie smile, but I wasn't the reason. It hurts.

"Lisa? Lisa?" I snapped back to my senses as Mina, one of my closest friends, called my name. She was officially known as my mentor and my best friend, so it was okay if we were seen together. Though some people still spread rumors about us dating.

"Oh, right, right. Where were we again?" I said as I faked a smile.

"You have a problem, don't you? Is it Chaeyoung?" She asked. I smiled sadly.

"Yeah. You can really see through me, huh?" I said, looking down on my coffee.

How can I love you when all of these obstacles get in our way?