Not Your Song

Sitting down on your soft couch, back pressed against the pillows on the armrest, your eyes glued to the tv. You lost track of time, sleep deprived and hungry as you hopelessly stared at the scenes unfolding on the screen. You hadn't heard from any of the boys. Especially Hoseok. Which was beginning to concern you a lot.

A soft buzz from your phone made you practically fall off the couch, clinging on with one arm, burying your chin into the edge of the couch as if it would help keep you from sliding all the way off. Your fingers grappled your phone as you pulled it up close to your face. Your smile lit up seeing it was a text from the group chat.

Only it quickly faded.

While it was still a text from the group chat, and it was Jungkook, who you were more than happy to hear from, it was regarding something you didn't care about.

Or so you thought.

Opening up the text, your heart began to sink as you read through it.

Kook: Hey, regarding Magic Shop, the song, manager and the staff think its best if I take the songs rights for writing it...

You didn't know what to think. You spent hours on the beat, hours on the lyrics with Jungkook, and none of the rights belonged to you.

But that makes sense.

You didn't work for BigHit, nor were you a member. Magic Shop wasn't your song, it was Jungkooks. It was BTS' song, not yours. They came up with it, you just encouraged it.

Y/N: yeah that's fine! It's yours :)

Closing your phone and ignoring the buzz from a response, you let yourself slide off the couch onto your side. Sitting there dumbfounded. You were mad. But should you be? Nothing about Magic Shop was yours. Besides the song you made, everything belonged to Jungkook. It belonged to BTS. You had no right in being agitated in something so stupid. Yet you were. And that's what sucked the most.

Pushing yourself to your sore feet and making soft taps against the ground as you made your way over to the kitchen, a pit in your stomach every time you thought about Magic Shop. Brushing off the feeling as best as you could, a knock on the door brought you away from your thoughts. Heading over to it and unlocking the hatch and opening up the door, Jinwu smiled brightly at you.

"Jinwu? Shouldn't you be at Magic Shop?" You tilted your head, he quickly grabbed you by the waist, pushing you into the apartment, he shut the door and turned to you, lowering his voice, his hands out in frustration. "Okay, Y/N, listen to me, you created a song, right?"

"How do...you know..." you stared at him puzzled, your top lip quivering in confusion, leaning back a bit to stay away from his coming closer face. "You named it Magic Shop!" He raised his voice making you flinch. He quickly calmed, making a panicked exhale before continuing. "Y/N, did you name it Magic Shop? Did you write it in black pen?" He asked a lot calmer.

You recalled the moment you and Jungkook signed the paper with the words Magic Shop. "Yes...why?" You asked unsurely. "Listen, 12am tonight, I want you to take the box." He whispered. Your eyes widened. "Take the...what? Why? Sookjae specifically said no, it's not for the public!"

"But if you don't open it you'll risk everything!" He strained his voice trying to keep it in a whisper, your mind struggled to think straight. "Wait okay...I need to get into the shop when Sookjae goes to bed, steal a blue box, and then open it, or all my worst fears come true or some shit?" You growled, expecting him to laugh at his own ongoing joke and leave you alone, only his nod made you realize he wasn't going away until you were gonna do it. "Your biggest fear, to be exact."

"Look, Jinwu, I love the charm you have, but seriously, you gotta calm down. That type of stuff isn't real, I have a life to live, I have a friend to worry about and my own issues swarming me like flies. I'm not breaking into Magic Shop at 12am for a stupid box!" You raised your voice, pushing Jinwu back.

"Y/N..."

"No! Unless there's some magical flower inside the box that'll make me happier and a-a...a...piece of jewelry that Hoseok bought me one day that'll make me realize that he actually does care for me and not just using my song pieces for his groups advantage even though it wasn't and I'm just so lost!" You yelled.

Only Jinwu's facial expression made your eyes widen and your heart drop.