Secrets

Walking through the city, Hoseok had put on a disguise to hide himself as you two walked through different shops and getting a bunch of food. Both of you unable to stop laughing and smiling. The world shut out around you as you two goofed off.

Dawn had settled across the city by the time you two had decided it was time to go home.

"Are you staying at the studio tonight?" You asked as you and Hoseok began heading in the direction of your apartment. "No, it's better at your place." He smiled. You nodded, knowing he didn't like you going home by yourself at night. You didn't mind that he was going to stay by your side anyways. Walking by the Magic Shop, you looked up at the sign, the words from before no longer there. Don't look inside the box. It was engraved into your memory. What does it mean? You pondered. "Hey Hoseok, mind if we go into here?" I stopped him, he looked at the shop and smiled, nodding. "Sure." He said and walked towards the door. Peeking up at the sign, the sign still looking normal. Following Hoseok into the shop, the cashier from earlier smiled at you. "Welcome to Magic Shop!" He smiled cheerily. You smiled back and immediately walked towards the crystal balls. Something about the shop was so calming. Your eyes scanned the magical looking crystals before landing on the ring section. Slowly, you made your way over to the area.

Staring at all the beautiful rings, you couldn't believe your eyes. Diamond rings and ruby rings lined the shelf. Looking through the different rings, your eyes landed onto a box. A rectangle box with a golden lion engraved into the top, it was a dark navy blue, a golden lock opened. Something about it seemed so irresistible. Reaching out to it, you couldn't stop yourself as your fingertip touched the lock, about to open the box when a hand grabbed your wrist making you flinch in shock. Looking at the cashier who slowly pulled your hand away from it. "That box is off limits, sorry ma'am." He smiled softly. You nodded and gulped. Looking back at the box, you shook off the feeling and Hoseok came over to you and the cashier. He glared at the cashiers hand on your wrist, the cashier noticed and quickly let go of you. Hoseok looked at you and gently took your hand into his. "I think it's time to go home." Hoseok mumbled. You looked at the cashier, remembering the sign outside, you nodded and followed Hoseok out the door.

Walking with Hoseok away from the shop, you looked back at the sign.

It needs you.

Scared, you quickly scooted up next to Hoseok who by reflex put his arm around you sensing your fear. He quickened your paces as you headed towards the apartment complex. Looking back one last time, the words below Magic Shops engraved lettering were still there but fainter before you turned back around and kept your head forward. The shop meant something. What was in the box?

Shaking off the thought, you stuck next to Hoseok, panic spreading through your veins, your adrenaline made your feet bolt. "Y/n!" Hoseok yelled behind you. You couldn't feel anything as you continued running, the night covering you up like a shadow as Hoseok followed blindly behind you.

You didn't know why you were running, but you knew that Hoseok had a busy schedule tomorrow, and you knew exactly where you'd be all day.

"Y/n! Stop running!" Hoseok screamed behind you. Your feet finally slowed down till you stopped running. Hoseok catching up to you. Both of you stood there, hands on your knees, the sound of heavy breathing beating back the silence. Hoseok caught his breath first. "Why did you run?" He questioned breathily. "I don't know...I felt like it..." you responded, your chest beginning to hurt. "Don't run like that again y/n, okay? I thought something bad was happening!" He scolded. You looked to the floor hanging your head. "I'm sorry..." you whispered. Hoseok wrapped you up into his warm hug, something about his hugs made you feel so soft and warm on the inside. "I'm sorry for yelling. Just...don't scare me like that, okay?" He mumbled. You nodded.

Hoseok took your hand again and walked with you into the apartment lobby. You had no idea how you somehow ran to it, but it wasn't a complaint you had. But the question still ran through your mind, something that usually wouldn't bother you had you stumped. Why did I run?