Into the Shop

Hoseok had left early morning to go work on a music video with the boys, which left you by yourself all day. You quickly got dressed, doing your hair and putting on the lightest amount of makeup, you grabbed your bag and keys, running out of the apartment.

Bursting through the stair door, you slid onto the railing sliding down it. Doing it over and over until you reached the lobby floor and collected yourself. Opening the door and walking out, you ignored eye contact with people as you walked out the doors. Trying to shove down the will to run. You had never felt so much energy going to a shop.

Seeing it's sign, you quickened your walk to a faster walk, avoiding people's strange looks. Reaching the sign, it didn't say anything. Looking at the door, you walked into the shop, the bell ringing and the cashier looked up. He smiled at you. "Welcome back, ma'am." He waved slightly. You felt a million questions begging to be asked. Managing to collect yourself, you walked over to him. "Do you mind if we talk?" You asked, pressing your hands against the top of the desk. "Of course! Is there anything you need help with?" He asked cheerily. You looked back at the ring section, the navy blue box still there. You turned back to him. "What is this place?" You questioned. "Well, this is Magic Shop. We do therapy, this area here though is mainly for street walkers. It's a gift shop for people interested in magic and space." He answered. You leaned closer across the desk. "No." You raised an eyebrow, you knew this wasn't like you, it was strange to act like this, but this shop meant something and you had this gut feeling telling you to get to the bottom of it.

"N-no?" The cashier stuttered, confused. "No. What is this place really?" You questioned again. The cashier bit his lip nervously before leaning in close to your face. "If you'd like to really know, Daeun can speak to you." The cashier stood back up straight before ringing a small bell. You looked at the hallway as a girl not much older than you walked out. Beautiful soft brown hair and olive eyes, she smiled at you. The cashier walked over to her and whispered into her ear, the supposed Daeun nodded looking at you curiously. "Come with me." She smiled awkwardly, walking back into the hallway. You followed, keeping your eyes glued to her back, you didn't know what all these different rooms were nor were you in the mood to look. Walking into the last room with the girl, she pointed to a seat which you took slowly watching her close the door and make her way around to her desk and take a seat.

"So, I've been informed that you've caught on to this place." Daeun raised an eyebrow, you gulped awkwardly. "Well, truth is, there's nothing strange about this place. It's a therapy place and a gift shop for tourists." She shrugged. "I know you think this place is strange, but trust me, Magic Shop isn't some strange place like you may make it out to be. Yes, the crystal balls and dream catchers seem to say different, and the whole vibe of the gift shop, but it's made to feel that way for people coming in who are interested in the magical arts, which is all mainly rubbish." She leaned on her elbows on the table, you felt your stomach turn. You were definitely feeling the strange feel of the place, but that was what they wanted.

But the sign.

You opened your mouth to speak about the sign but you closed it. If this girl didn't understand what you were feeling, then why would she believe a wooden sign writing random things on itself? You convinced yourself you were seeing things. That was all it was. The words were never there before, so why would they be there now? There was no reason for any of this. Your best friend was struggling in his group and you were convinced a stupid shop had some weird things happening in it. You had never seen this shop until a few days ago. So it really didn't matter to you. "I'm sorry for wasting your time." You finally forced out. "No, please, tell me, what's been bothering you to make you think these things? I can tell something's troubling you." Daeun smiled. You sighed, not knowing where to start. "Well, my best friend is becoming famous and I'm concerned he's gonna end up forgetting me. I'm scared his fame is gonna over power him. I'm so confident in him, I know he can achieve his dream, but I feel like it'll cost us everything when he does get even better. I want him to succeed, I want him to go do the best and biggest things, I know he can succeed in this world. But what if he forgets about me?" You felt yourself tear up. You had never told anybody how you felt.

Daeuns smile had disappeared and was replaced with a saddened look. "I know that must be so hard for you...but think of it as this way: he wouldn't forget his family, and if you guys are so close that he considers you family, he won't forget about you. I'm sure he knows you're his biggest fan, he'll always be there for you like you are for him." Her words comforted you, but it would feel better if it came from Hoseok who had avoided such a conversation with you for the longest time. You couldn't say anything but nod.

Although it pained you, what the therapist was telling you made you feel a bit better. Hours had passed, you and Daeun had talked once about your problems to talking about fun childhood memories. Even though you didn't know how you shifted to that conversation, it wasn't a bad conversation. Your eyes fell to the clock on the counter after you finished laughing about each other's weirdest moments as a baby. Daeun looked at the clock and sighed. "My oh my it is late! I think you should head home. Would you like anybody to walk you home? These streets don't tend to be the nicest at dark." She offered, standing up, you stood up shaking your head. "No, I'll be okay, thank you." You both exchanged smiles before she walked you out of the room. "I never got your name." Daeun stopped you before you could walk down the hallway, looking back at her, you smiled a little. "Y/n." You nodded. She gave a thumbs up before disappearing back into the room. Walking down the hall, a door suddenly opened and a figure came out. Bumping into them, you quickly backed up. "S-sorry." You muttered, you quickly scooted past them not bothering to look up at them.

Looking out at the street, you noticed it had gotten darker. How the hell did time pass so smoothly? You wondered, looking at the cashier who glanced at you with a smile before going back to his work.

Peeking at the box, you couldn't help but walk over to it. It still seemed to silently call out for you. It's just you going crazy...go home. You yelled at yourself in your head. Turning around, you met the eyes of the cashier who had been watching you, he quickly looked back down. You waved goodbye and he waved back. Which was strange to you because he didn't look at you. Shaking it off, you reminded yourself it's just a shop. It was made to look this strange, to feel this strange. Walking out of the shop, you closed the door behind you. Looking up at the sign, words were engraved into the sign but it wasn't clear. Heading towards the direction of your apartment building, you looked back once again. Only this time, you saw the words.

Don't move.

You stared at it confused, turning around to face forward, you stopped. You didn't know why, but you stopped.

Suddenly, a bottle smashed on the wall next to you.