FOUR

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING MENTION OF DEPRESSION AND SELF HARM⚠️

(P. S LISTEN TO THE SONG IF YOU CAN IT HAS THE VIBE)

 S LISTEN TO THE SONG IF YOU CAN IT HAS THE VIBE)

'I still taste the past'

Scurrying her luggage through the baggage Mia tries to slip into the crowd of her home country. Reaching out for the taxi, she could see people rushing out on a normal day some for vacation others backpacking and enjoying. It feels surreal for her, she imagined to be here, living in South Korea was good, she missed her home country. The smell of this country was her own, the love for her country and the little moments she spent made this trip memorable.

Sitting inside the taxi view was fantastic for her, because the dewy smell of deodorant and smell of leftover sandwich was making her lose her mind. She could see old people in taxis and laughing and enjoying youngsters wearing Le Beret or Lunette with some snacks strolling around the city.

She was excited to see her best friend, but it was a surprise when she was coming home. The fresh smell of flowers passes by, a wave of chicken BBQ smell goes around which strangely makes her hungrier than usual. Her stomach was yearning for food, it was making her chew back her thoughts about waiting for it.

The weather now for her was perfectly humid; some clouds dispersed but far away in the sky, she could see the storm approaching. The clouds were dark, filled with anger. It seems today is the day where it pours.

Standing in front of a gated building, she walks inside where she sees a building from the closer look it preferably reminded her of old European buildings rustic smell of iron and smell of roses grown in the yards. She never thought it would be possible for her to be back, when you live in another country with new people, she missed her home, the place where she could speak her language and eat food normally she craved. It was a feeling of home.

Standing in front of the door step, she tried to ring the bell thrice and no one answered, she tried calling her best friend thinking of her being busy. She shrugs off her thoughts. She tries to remember her house code which wasn't remotely difficult. It was Y/N's birthday, according to her parents it was difficult for anyone to guess.

Successfully opening the door, she enters the house removing her shoes, reminiscing the memory of how she was scolded for not removing the shoes to which she quickly apologized to her best friend's mother.

Everything was the same, there were few changes of flowers in the living room and the balcony still had some potted plants, the kitchen wasn't a mess but it was now, leftover stained coffee mugs, dirty plates. The water filter was on and she turned around to inspect the house but she tried to keep her suitcase in the guest room.