chapter forty eight

KIISHA

We left the Ikeja City Mall later in the afternoon to the hotel for our things since we were going back to school, it was Sunday already so we had to leave. Main reason we didn't leave yesterday was because of the innovation challenge, we were to discuss, research and do all other stuffs with our team mates.

According to our scores in the written exam, we were all paired into nine groups named after the nine planets. I was in Team Mercury alongside Jared, Felix and six students from others schools whom I couldn't immediately  register their names.

Joshua and Yimika were in Team Venus, Demolu, Idiat and Dariya were in Team Earth and that stupid Sharon was in the last team, Team Pluto. The first three teams were given the same topic, 'Looking at the entire Agricultural value, identify a problem and proffer a solution using technology'.

Jared and one girl were the team captains, we were to work on the assigned topics, identify the key challenges, proffer the best solution to the problem and present it as a team on the main TV show.

"I'm just tired," I said as I sat by Jared while Idiat went to the back to sit with Yimika.

"Sorry," he replied while patting my head.

The driver soon started the bus and we left Lagos.

"Ehn, Cherish just created a group chat," Jared started and I turned to him.

"Who is Cherish?"

"That girl that's the other captain, she created a group chat for Team Mercury, so, I just added you," he explained and I nodded before bringing out my phone to confirm.

"So, we'll be having a meeting later in the night, right?" I queried as I dropped my phone by my side.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"This ride would surely be boring," I sighed as I looked out through the window.

"Want us to play game?" I turned to him with a smile and nodded.

"Question game actually, so, ladies first," he pointed his palm at me and I eyed it before placing my finger on my lips as I tried thinking of the question to ask.

"Like how many girls have you dated before me?"

He lifted an eyebrow and I smiled sheepishly.

"I don't know," he replied blankly and I frowned.

"Meaning they're too much to count, I'm part of the score, right?"

He scrunched his eyebrow before scowling, "What's the meaning of that?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. It was good to frustrate him.

"Am I not saying the true fact?" I pestered with a crook smile.

"Just stop it, my question," he turned swiftly to me, "Describe me in three words"

A crook smile crept up my face before I replied, " Stupid, thick headed and schizo"

He sighed and placed his palm on his forehead before looking away.

"Hey," I called and he didn't respond, I chuckled before tickling him, he tried to keep a straight face at first but ended up laughing and I joined in the laughter.

"I'm not playing the game again," he said when he finally stopped laughing.

"Oya, sorry, I'll describe you in three words, nice, handsome and brilliant," I said with a smile and he grinned  while touching his chin in pride.

"Keep feeling yourself ooo," I jested and he smiled.

"My turn, when did you first realize you loved me?"