chapter eight

JARED

"We don't really have to make others know, I just want to date you quietly," she said.

We were both at the cafeteria, I'd just gotten back from the church with Joshua who was  currently sleeping. Quadri had gone to his girlfriend Ify and I got hungry and had decided to buy gala and Coke when this Boluwatife sighted me and walked up to me.

I turned to look at her in surprise, this girl is more than shameless.

"Are you practically trying to show me you're a hussy?"

She shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

I drew in a long, slow breath while gaping at her.

"I heard you have boyfriends," I made an air quote before continuing, "So what do you need me for?" I asked trying to sound as calm as I could.

She kept quiet for some seconds before giving a flimsy excuse.

"Well, I'm just dating them for pity sake, I don't like any of them, it's just for fun, I can break up with them if you want"

Nonsense. So that you'll break up with me like that too, look at these school bitch, I thought silently.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"You don't have to do that"

"Okay, if you say so," she smiled coquettish like. Ah, this one is a big prostitute oo.

"Aren't you mortified?" I questioned trying so hard not show my irritation.

Her smile dropped as she took another look before asking, "What do you mean?"  she lifted her arms and ran her fingers through her hair provocatively.

I looked at her and scoffed. She was trying to seduce me but I wouldn't fall for it though she's a beautiful girl with long and dark hair, mad shape that could bring a corpse back alive but then she was promiscuous, I didn't like her and could never date someone who sleeps around.

"Well, I'm not yet ready to date now and if at all I am, I wouldn't choose someone like you," I said politely with a mocking look.

"Why? Am I not your type?"

Oh goodness gracious. What kind of person is this?

I placed my hand on the table and smiled.

"I don't do dogs!," I said sharply.

"Are you saying I'm a dog?"

Oh! Mary, Jesus and Joseph...I placed my right hand on my forehead and shook my head before standing up abruptly.

"You're a courtesan"

She smiled, stood up and walked to me as she placed her hand on my chest and caressed it. Definitely, she doesn't know the meaning of courtesan.

"Don't you feel anything?"

Gosh!

I pushed her away angrily.

"Did your brain leave you without permission?" I gave her a scorning look before walking away.

"Hi," I greeted immediately I walked into the laundry room with my clothes.

Kiisha raised her head from the jotter and responded, "Hello".

She was an epitome of beauty, what you call dark beauty and was not only beautiful but well-endowed. Wait, why am I admiring this sassy little creature?

I smiled at her before pouring my clothes into the other machine so far Kiisha was washing her clothes in one.

Our laundry room had twelve washing machines with a long wooden chair. It was a cozy and nice place. Indeed, RGC is the best school, it had everything and is more than comfortable, it worths our school fees.

I sat beside Kiisha and peeped into the jotter which she closed instantly.

"Why did you close it?"

Her lips pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"It's none of your business"

I nodded before saying, "I think I saw Resultant of Vectors there, don't tell me you're studying without me?"

She turned to me with a glare, seems this girl is back to her glaring person.

"No, I was only looking at it"

"But how did it get to your jotter, don't you have a physics note?" I pressed on.

She threw the jotter on my laps angrily and turned to me.

"Okay, I didn't understand it and was trying to get it, satisfied?"

I chuckled before picking the jotter.

"I thought we were study partners, why didn't you mention it last night when we were studying?"

She rolled her eyes and clapped sarcastically.

"So that you'll make fun of me abi?"

I shook my head and looked intently at her.

"No, there's nothing bad in me explaining it to you, there are things I don't understand too and I can tell you to explain to me at least we're study partners, don't be a proud peacock, you can't know it all".

She looked away and sighed before turning to me.

"Okay, that's what you want abi, can you teach me?" she asked in a mocking tone.

"Say it politely"

She pouted before talking, "Okay, Mr. Jared the genius, can you do me the favor of teaching me?" she ended it with a bow and I laughed loudly.

"Okay oo, Miss. Kiisha the pompous girl, I'll gladly do it"

She glared at me.

"Did you just call me pompous?" she gave me a scorn look and I smiled.

"No ooo, I no fit"

"Better"

"So far we're free now, should I teach you or later during our study period?"

"Now, we have something else to study later"

"Okay, then"

"Hi," a girl greeted immediately Kiisha and I walked out of the laundry, we were heading to the library to study.

I turned to Kiisha in confusion and she shrugged.

"Hi," I replied and she smiled, the smile revealed her beautiful gap teeth.

"I'm Rihanna and this is my friend," she turned to another girl who was also smiling and touched her shoulder," Kemisola"

"Oh, I'm....," she cut me short, "Jared, I know, Kiiti is my friend and she told me about you"

I opened my mouth to talk but Kiisha's voice stopped me, "Kiiti is not your friend and she didn't tell you anything about Jared so stop telling lies here"

The girl, no, Rihanna, that's her name, turned to Kiisha with a fake smile as she tried masking her annoyance but I could see it.

"I'm not telling any lies, she's my friend"

Kiisha scoffed before clapping sarcastically. It seems this Kiisha hated every living soul except her acquaintance.

"Sure she is," she said mockingly.

Rihanna turned her face to me and the fake smile disappeared only to be replaced with a grin.

"I'm in SS2 SPECIAL and I'll like to be friends with you"

"That's where it starts from," Kiisha said in a mocking tone.

"Why not?"

Her grin widened and as she opened her mouth to talk, Kiisha announced, "As you can see, we were going somewhere before you came, so can you please move your filthy body so we can pass? "

I didn't miss the scowl Rihanna dashed Kiisha who gave her a tight-lipped smile.

Kiisha turned to me and ordered, "Let's go"

And I followed her like a lost puppy.