chapter twelve

JARED

I walked into the indoor pool and realized all my teammates were there, I'd joined the swimming team immediately we got back from the mid-term break.

The break was more than interesting, Kiisha and I had spent time together because I forced her to learn how to cook. Though she'd been hesitant but I took the pleasure in going to her place and dragging her to my place.

Her cooking skills have improved since she could cook some foods now except the swallows. Doing things with her was somehow fun though she's a saucy thing but was sweet on the inside.

Our mid-term test had lasted for four days, when it's not as if we were writing exam but I think RGC is different from other schools, I just hope we wouldn't spend a month on the exam.

Today being Friday, I had practice and at such had to hurry to the pool.

"Hey," I greeted Kenneth as I sat beside him.

"Hi," he responded.

He was the captain of the team and from what I heard, he was their best swimmer.

I didn't say anything again but decided to chat with my friends when Aminat approached me.

"Can I sit?" she asked.

Why is she asking me? It's not as if I'm the owner of the seat and whereas it was vacant.

"Sure," I responded. Immediately she sat down, Kenneth stood up and walked away.

I turned to my phone.

"How was the break?" she asked.

"You asked me on Monday and I think I told you it was fine"

"Oh ! That's true, so how are you doing?"

What's wrong with this girl?

" You asked me this morning"

" Oh!," she slapped her forehead before smiling.

"I believe you did well in your test"

I heaved before nodding and I picked my phone up.

"Is that iPhone?"

Noooo, blackberry.

I nodded.

"I use iPhone too, 11 pro "

Why is she gisting me now? It's not as if I asked her.

She's just trying to get close to me and I can't date her, she isn't my type at all especially when the bet on Kiisha still stands so I can't possibly date anyone in RGC before her. Oh! I totally forgot about the bet. I can't lose my power bike to that Idiot.

She didn't say anything again as I focused on my phone but another annoying voice made me raise my head.

"Hi, Jared," Boluwatife greeted with a smile.

Why is this one here again? Oo ma gaa oo, after telling her I wasn't interested in her, she'd better not say any nonsense here again.

"Hi"

She smiled before adjusting her tight swimsuit that fitted her body perfectly well and revealed more than necessary, yea, more than the other female swimsuits revealed.

She sat beside Aminat who was already glaring at her, when I noticed they'd engaged in a glaring competition, I turned to my phone.

"Mirror can't talk, lucky for you they can't laugh either so if you even look at your ugly self in the mirror now, you won't know anything," I heard Boluwatife say.